Question on the caller id displayed on the screen

cardman827

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully I can explain this well. I have had very little issues for months and months now using a nexus 6 and pioneer 4100. I'm not sure when this started but it has continued on a second nexus 6 so I know it is not the phone.

When I call someone or I receive a call after the call is connected the screen shows "current call" and the rest of the area Is blank.

I believe it used to show the caller id and still have a dial pad in case you needed it.

I have called a company where I needed to enter some numbers after the call and didn't have a dial pad to do it.

Hope someone knows what is going on and can help.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. CallerID is sent by the carrier of the person making the call. It appears as a short tone between the first and second rings (and you shouldn't hear it). If all you're getting is "current call" either the caller's carrier is sending that or your carrier is translating all callerIDs to that.

2. The dial pad issue is separate, and probably depends on the phone and any updates it's received.

cardman827

May 29, 2011
Visit site
1. CallerID is sent by the carrier of the person making the call. It appears as a short tone between the first and second rings (and you shouldn't hear it). If all you're getting is "current call" either the caller's carrier is sending that or your carrier is translating all callerIDs to that.

2. The dial pad issue is separate, and probably depends on the phone and any updates it's received.

Thanks for the reply, I knew this was a little hard to explain but I am receiving the caller id on the screen but it used to stay on the screen while I was talking, now it disappears after the call connects and takes the dial pad with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer