Galaxy S7 not charging in 2016 Chevy Silverado

Hribal

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Forgive me if this has asked before but I couldn't find this question. One of the selling features of the Silverado was their wireless charging armrest. I didn't have the newest phone that would work, so I bought a S7.

Well what happens is the phone will either not charge at all or it will start charging then says wireless charging has paused. Does this happen to anyone else? Of so, is there an app to use?

The only thing I can think of is that this charging station, if you will, isn't powerful to charge phones.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the Silverado to your Chevy dealer's service department and ask them to look into it. (The vehicle is in warranty, right? So it should be working.)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had that happen with third-party chargers before. That TYLT desktop charger never worked well with my G6. If the coils don't line up, they don't line up.

Red 2

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
youre right, the charger isnt powerful enough. all the dealership will do is put a small device on the charger that powers an LED light that probably requires 1/10 of an amp to work. If you gently pull up the rubber pad your phone will charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke