Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 46124.jpg
    46124.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 212

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I received the update last night. I can't say if connection is improved one way or another. I am using a Nexus 6 with my 2016 Jetta S and have not ad connection problems in the past.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
One thing I've noticed was prior to now, whenever I was in a call, but not running AA, when I connected to AA, the Pioneer phone software took over all of the call details. Now, if I'm connected to Bluetooth and using the Pioneer phone software, but then connect to AA, I have access to handling the call in AA now (which means I can mute from the screen and not from the phone).

Jason Morrison

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I've now noticed that when I try to use the voice commands to reply to an SMS or Hangout message the system no longer Beeps and actually picked up on its own prompts. This usually results in Google saying "here is your message to Xxx 'what's the message', do you want to send it out change it?"

Super frustrating, but I'm not sure if this was the update or because I switched from Nexus 5 to 6p..

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

erniegogo

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Had a HTC 8 with Marshmallow update that worked okay with android auto but had occasional glitches with connection. Usually had to reboot phone. Got new HTC 10 and AA works perfectly. Had the update installed and have had no issues at all. Worth noting that" I heart radio", "slacker" and "amazon music" have all been updated recently. Phone connects to Pioneer 4200NEX.

cz9h3d

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Since this update, my Nexus 5x Android Auto experience is horrible - essentially voice commands hardly every work - I'm not getting full prompts all the time (sometimes I get audio beeps before/after, sometimes just before, sometimes just after, sometimes never!). I've found I can guess at what I should be saying when it's listening for voice input to send a text, but I get zero feedback from the system. And my received texts will not read back. Very Very frustrating. As I work in automotive, our engineers have informed me it's all on Android. I think I'll fire up my iPhone today and go back to CarPlay for a while and hope the next release fixes my issues - it's just not usable in its current form.

BigBrango

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
This is also happening to me on my LG V10 with my Honda Accord. Word for word! It is driving me insane. I tried uninstalling Google search, text to speech, Android Auto, reset my vehicle and my phone nothing works.

Heather Richson

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have s5 and it says no detected supported device? I need help. No wonder everyone is going to apple. It's frustrating. I bought the downgraded version of my car instead of the touring r/t being about to have AA. Pls help

cz9h3d

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This is also happening to me on my LG V10 with my Honda Accord. Word for word! It is driving me insane. I tried uninstalling Google search, text to speech, Android Auto, reset my vehicle and my phone nothing works.

Ah - well, sort of good to know that I'm not alone. They are replacing the head unit in my vehicle, just to see if that has anything to do with it.
I tweeted Google (send an @Google tweet with a #androidauto - apparently that is the support mechanism!). They suggested clearing the android auto cache - which did nothing for me.