Android Auto and Google Play Music (Accessing Library/Stations)

SergeiMedvedev

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!
I recently got a 2016 Civic with Android Auto, and managed to set it all up (did not take long). Quick question however:

I do have a subscription to Google Play Music, but I don't see the reason behind it at the moment. Before you click the back button, please note, this isn't a topic about weather Google Play Music is worth the price of admission, it is about the functionality of the subscription on Android Auto.

In any case; I have roughly 15,000 of my own songs, mainly in Russian, on GPM, and I have noticed that it basically plays them instead of the radio in GPM.
When I select GPM from the audio sources in AA, I get "Music for Driving", and a small subset of radio stations, of which the majority are not to my liking (It's mostly Rap).

When I access GPM from the Web or the Android App (From my phone), it's a lot more open, I have the ability to "Browse Stations" which gives me anything from Genres, to moods and decades, the selection is a 100-fold larger than AA allows me to access.

---Questions---
In any case, is there ANY way to access this library of music? Or play music by Genre from AA's version of GPM? Can I say "Play me _____________" to play a radio station?

How do you access your library of songs? As mentioned, I have about 15,000 songs, but almost none of them are in a playlist, from what I see, I can't select to play by Artist, Album or Song. I can ask it to play "Blah" - but unfortunately, this sometimes fails gloriously - such as "Play Amaranthe" (a band) - it replies "Okay, Playing 'A Mare an thin'" - then launches some random song from GPM's library that is not even close to the band I chose, or the wording it interpreted.

Please let me know!
Thanks!

SergeiMedvedev

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I hope there is new functionality down the road! I also hope that the cars will still support AA down the road (no pun intended). I will try and see the voice commands, see if they work for Play Genre.

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have really good luck with adding any music I listen to to playlists. This could be my own music or the google play music. From there is just a matter of using google and saying "Play {playlist name}". That's been working out great for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan