AA Connects but Apps Disconnect

bunks12

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have somewhat of a similar situation to some of the other postings but its all the Android Auto Apps that are being affected. Using a Samsung S5 Marshmallow in a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado with Android Auto downloaded. Since the marshmallow update, I plug the phone up and in the infotainment screen shows connected to the phone and AA shows connected to the Projection Icon. Will play a song like from Pandora then all apps stop working, including Google maps. Music Apps show "Waiting for Connection" and other music apps just spin trying to connect to something. Right now AA is useless. Anyone have any ideas??

Andrew DeFaria

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused. When you connect your phone and see the AA icon in the Projection icon, you tap that and what do you see? Normally I'm put into the "home" screen for AA. Do you get that far? Then what happens when you go to Google Maps? Does it then switch to "waiting for a connection"?

bunks12

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes... when I connect the usb to the phone I then got to the homescreen and see if the projection icon shows Android Auto. When it does, I then go to a music app (usually Pandora). Pandora will play 1 song and goes directly to "waiting for connection". I then check other apps including Maps but nothing will connect. All the while, the Home screen still shows AA connected.

Andrew DeFaria

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
When you connect your phone and the projection icon changes to AA do you tap on that projection icon? Because you don't say you do. AA "runs" when you see the AA icon in the projection icon and you tap on it. The whole idea of AA is to have stuff projected onto the main screen in your car. You should not be touching your phone when AA is running - you should be touching your main screen in your car.

For example see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEHg7TtmzE

bunks12

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I connect the phone to the vehicle and the phone is not touched thereafter...initially the screen on the vehicle will show Android Auto on the Projection icon. I tap the AA and it starts up in Google Maps...I then touch the headphone icon and my music app (Pandora) comes up....I hit the play button and it starts playing...after the current song plays, the app stops working and on the screen it says "waiting for connection"...I then try other apps and None will connect. Again, the phone is never touched after connecting to the vehicle. Hope this helps to explain this weird and frustrating situation.

Andrew DeFaria

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
That's very weird and frustrating I'm sure. Can you go back to your dealer and ask them about it? Granted they don't know much about AA I guess. What phone? What version of Android? What version of AA on your phone?

I have an S7 running 6.0.1 of Android and Android Auto 3.3 and my car is a 2016 Vette with AA installed into the factory installed MyLink 2 system.