Goog Maps Freezing on Android Auto!...Why?

JJMI2016

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Just loaded lastest code in my 2015 Kia head dashboard navigation...I'm using LG4 with 6.0 Marshmallow.....Runs 3-5 mins....then display freezes...Have to hard button out, then re-start again....

cz9h3d

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue with my Nexus 5X / 7.0. I believe it has just started happening since my Nougat upgrade.
Also, in general - my Android Auto experience has gone to @#$$%!@^ lately. And I've been using it since January. The number of times I've rebooted my phone in hopes that it gets responsive is now once a day.

sherm1082

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
One thing I did that seemed to help a bit was create a swap file (I'm rooted) as AA seems to be a resource hog. That helped some. It worked flawless with no audio but I would still get freezes here and there when the voice command was about to speak. For reference, I have a galaxy s4.

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The latest update (at least on Verizon) seems to have fixed the Android Auto Google Maps freezing issue. Color me shocked.
I can confirm this with my LG G4 as well. No more freezing/stuttering maps.

However, AA no longer seems to "just work" when I plug it in. I need to pull down the notification shade, tap on the USB connection options, and choose charge only. Only then does my car realize that there's an AA-enabled phone attached.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21