Android Auto Not Wroking - Need Help

mpisani

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My AA isn't fully working.....again. My Verizon Galaxy S7 has been working fine ever since the last factory reset I did back on 8/8. At that time I turned off auto-update to apps in case some Google app was going to update and cause the issue again and I'm actually up to date on all my apps.

A few days ago everything was working fine. With no new apps added and no new updates and all of a sudden that night, my text messages stopped being read back to me. But the weird thing is the last couple of times this happened, AA wouldn't talk at all. So if I said "Call Steve mobile" the call would go through but AA never confirmed by saying "OK, calling Steve mobile" - or - if I asked for the weather it would just beep and be silent. This time around though, all that works. AA asks if I want to call mobile or home, and I can ask for the weather and get it. The only thing that AA is not doing at this point is reading text messages to me.

I've seen suggestions about making sure my media volume is up - and it is. SUGGESTIONS?????

jlabadie1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
My Android Auto was flaky with the text messaging app on my LG G3. I switched to the google messenger app and it has worked flawlessly.
This app appears to be optimized to work with Android auto. I can send, receive and reply to texts (albeit I only have used the receiving a couple times)

mpisani

May 24, 2011
Visit site
How was it flaky in the past? Mine worked for months and then stopped reading messages or even confirming who I was calling. It did that twice but this time it just won't read text messages but everything else works fine.

battletroll01

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure who this may apply to. I had an Smasung S7 Note and Android Auto stopped working so after a couple of months of research I found the change in the GM code for Intelilink Infortainment systems.IMAG0008.jpg

jlabadie1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
The "default" text messaging app on the LG G3 was poorly compatible from the start. Most of the time it would not allow me to finish a sentence when speaking the text. It did go through the proper voice commands...I just could never complete a full text.
My thinking with Android auto is that google created apps should have the best comparability, so if you're having trouble with a text app, the google messenger may be worth a shot. But as the last post reports, other issues may be at hand.