Notification sound keeps playing

ddeakin

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge connected via Android Auto.. everything works great until a text message (Via FB Messenger) comes in. The default alert tone keeps playing even after the text message has been read, plays over all music. It randomly disappears after a period of time 5 mins to 30 mins.

Even if I disconnect the phone it still continues to play. Only way to fix it is to reboot the phone.. annoying..

Any idea how to fix this problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Android Auto but I haven't had that issue over normal BT audio to my car. Have you tried changing the notification sound or switching back to the stock messaging app temporarily to see if maybe it's FB's Messenger that's buggy?

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Can you try changing the notification tone to something else? I read in another forum that it worked...

ddeakin

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Ai I tried that, just plays the new sound, even if the sound is silence... essentially just mutes the music.. so annoying..

ddeakin

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Nah same issue on the stock Samsung app, v strange... works if you mute notifications though, just means I need to be more diligent on checking :)\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670