A few issues, wondering if they are fixable?

Starplayer37

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a few qualms with android auto on my aftermarket head unit (AVH-4200NEX), and was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to fix these issues.

1) When running Google Play Music, the album art on the display is zoomed in and appears way too large which leads to the images cutting off heads, words etc. Anyway to get the unit to fit the images to screen?

2) Sometimes, when playing music on the head unit, using the Pioneer's UI, the art doesn't show up, and also with radio stations.

3) Each and everytime I fire up the car and plug in my device, the first command I give fails. The unit just displays a loading circle until I switch to another tab (like GPS) and issue the command again. Every command after that works just fine.

Thanks in advance

dewd_1969

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I have both the 4100NEX and the 4200NEX. The art on both is not very good. It looks better when not on the music screen. My personal opinion.. Who cares? I'm not watching the screen. FWIW, I don't use Google Music so I assume it is the same across all music apps.

Not sure about the art not showing. All my songs are tagged and stored on the phone (I use DSub with Subsonic). The art always shows.

What do you mean by command? Voice command? Could it be that your phone is still connected to your WiFi and your internet is weak at that time? I honestly haven't noticed this but then I rarely do anything other than start my music or touch the screen to navigate to my next destination at startup.

Starplayer37

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Dewd.

I use Google play music and my issue was that the album art is so zoomed in that it cuts off half the picture - haven't been able to fix it.

What I meant with my 3rd issue was that whenever I turn on the car, plug in the phone and then give a voice command, the first command fails all the time. I find this strange and would like to figure out what's causing it

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the "zoomed in" art work is a AA thing, it's not an issue with the Pioneer, it's this way on AA in my 2016 Mustang as well.......

dewd_1969

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Dewd.

What I meant with my 3rd issue was that whenever I turn on the car, plug in the phone and then give a voice command, the first command fails all the time. I find this strange and would like to figure out what's causing it

I'm not sure I've ever done that. Tomorrow morning I'll try it (assuming I remember of course :D ).

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
3) Each and everytime I fire up the car and plug in my device, the first command I give fails. The unit just displays a loading circle until I switch to another tab (like GPS) and issue the command again. Every command after that works just fine.

Are you doing this as you're driving out of range of Wifi? I have this happen just as I leave my house — pretty sure it's just caught in the handoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A