Any way to prevent Pandora from auto starting?

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
My android auto runs flawlessly. New mic placement on my pioneer 4200nex has made almost no errors in voice commands now. Voice command button is programmed to my steering wheel now, it's perfect.

But one thing that drives me crazy, when I plug in android auto my radio stops and Pandora starts. How can I turn this off? I only want Pandora to start when I start it.

Thank you!

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My android auto runs flawlessly. New mic placement on my pioneer 4200nex has made almost no errors in voice commands now. Voice command button is programmed to my steering wheel now, it's perfect.

But one thing that drives me crazy, when I plug in android auto my radio stops and Pandora starts. How can I turn this off? I only want Pandora to start when I start it.

Thank you!

I have the same head unit as you and I finally just deleted Pandora from my phone to get this to stop!

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This started happening to me too after an OS update. Tried the advanced settings in Pandora for turning of bluetooth auto launch, tried the prevent USB auto routing in developer options. Then realized it was an issue with android auto (at least on my phone). I did not have to be connected to the car. Whenever I opened android auto, even standalone, Pandora would start up.

So, I went to settings > apps > android auto > storage and cleared cache and data. Then, I opened android auto holding the phone in my hand (not connected to anything) and went to settings > Autolaunch and deselected all of the bluetooth devices and made sure autolaunch was deselected.

Went out to the car, plugged it in, let it go through the initial setup, and all has been good since. Hope this helps someone. May not work for all, but is worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol