Convert to the Android Auto has a few Issues

supaflygy

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Ok so i have just converted to using an Android Phone & am using a Kenwood in dash unit with Android Auto.
For the first few weeks of using this head unit i used apple Car Play, looks pretty, works as apple stuff does.
So i buys me a Samsung S8, & the AA isn't as pretty to operate as CarPlay but i cant change that.
Siri = Useless especially here in OZ. Google assistant works very well.... tick that box.

OK So when i try to use the AA for the phone, i can call someone via voice calling no issue.
But i am on the road a bit and i get missed calls that are not in my directory.
Why don't i see a listing of my last 10 calls / missed / recent etc.
Why don't i see a list of my Favourites in my phone book?

These are important functions. AA needs to step up and rectify these points.

I also use Deezer, the use of this App in AA is average. Sometimes i get a menu, sometime i don't. I do not get the option to play my favourite tunes stored in my Deezer account (dunno why)

So yeah, that my first moan about a piece of tech in the 21st century, that people are paying top dollar for & we expect it to work, not to be some half arsed attempt at AV / Mobile Phone Automotive integration. If i'd have wanted that i would have stuck a mac mini in my boot space with a cheap touch screen attached to it.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With my HTC One M9,
1. The Android Auto home screen does show a short list of recent calls.
2. the favourites in my contacts do show up in phone app section.

Samsung has a habit of customize its phones to the degree that it maynot be compatible with some Google's built in functions. So, I'd suggest you try some other Android phones. It seems that S8 is missing some features that you really need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz