Installing Whatsapp in AA

acortes61

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
hello, first excuse my ignorance but how do I stall the Whatsapp application in my Honda CR-V radio? I have it on my phone but I am not sure how to install it on my radio.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
1. The usual caveat: You have to actually have a head unit that supports Android Auto — not AppRadio or other things like hat.

2. OK, here's how things work. ... Messaging apps won't actually appear in Android Auto as installed apps. That is, you won't see them listed like you will entertainment apps (podcatchers, other radio apps, and music players, etc.)

But you WILL be able to send and receive messages. Whatsapp doesn't handle groups in Android Auto (at least not that I've figured out), but it's easy to send messages to individuals. ... Just say "Send a Whatsapp message to xxxxxxx."

When you receive a message you'll get a notification on the display, and AA will ding at you. You then have the option (or not) to listen to the message. WARNING: If your kids are like mine and only message you in emoji, sit back and relax because it's going to speak every. single. one. at you ... :p

Hope that helped. Good luck.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I thought I looked at that list pretty thoroughly, there it is in the first line!

Thanks for the correction, Phil...

acortes61

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
1. The usual caveat: You have to actually have a head unit that supports Android Auto — not AppRadio or other things like hat.

2. OK, here's how things work. ... Messaging apps won't actually appear in Android Auto as installed apps. That is, you won't see them listed like you will entertainment apps (podcatchers, other radio apps, and music players, etc.)

But you WILL be able to send and receive messages. Whatsapp doesn't handle groups in Android Auto (at least not that I've figured out), but it's easy to send messages to individuals. ... Just say "Send a Whatsapp message to xxxxxxx."

When you receive a message you'll get a notification on the display, and AA will ding at you. You then have the option (or not) to listen to the message. WARNING: If your kids are like mine and only message you in emoji, sit back and relax because it's going to speak every. single. one. at you ... :p

Hope that helped. Good luck.

Many thanks Phil, I appreciate your input. I tried your method while I was parked, it seemed to work as I saw a whatsapp notification.
I will try test it out while I am actually driving by having someone send me whatsapp messages.
I am very new at this AA thing so I appreciate the patience and understanding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463