Issue using Galaxy S8 + Android Auto and driving for Uber/Lyft

TajSanDiego

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm having an issue with AA after I upgraded from S7 to S8 Plus recently. I drive for Uber/Lyft and use to connect my phone with AA when I drive to use the "OK Google" voice commands to control certain things while I'm driving. In order to drive with the two ride sharing programs, I have to access my phone's regular home screen functions to access both apps. I use to do so with the S7 by simply pressing the "recent apps" button which would show all the apps that are running, then the "home button" which would allow my two bypass the AA black logo screen and would send me back to my regular phone home screen/functions. With the S8, there is no "recent apps" button anymore and pressing the "home button" does not bypass the black AA logo screen. Anyone know how I can bypass this screen and get to my regular phone functions?

randall aniag

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm having an issue with AA after I upgraded from S7 to S8 Plus recently. I drive for Uber/Lyft and use to connect my phone with AA when I drive to use the "OK Google" voice commands to control certain things while I'm driving. In order to drive with the two ride sharing programs, I have to access my phone's regular home screen functions to access both apps. I use to do so with the S7 by simply pressing the "recent apps" button which would show all the apps that are running, then the "home button" which would allow my two bypass the AA black logo screen and would send me back to my regular phone home screen/functions. With the S8, there is no "recent apps" button anymore and pressing the "home button" does not bypass the black AA logo screen. Anyone know how I can bypass this screen and get to my regular phone functions?

Just press top corner either left or right and drag finger down to make android auto app a pop up screen and you can access the rest of your phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC