Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Default Re: The new Android Central application ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Barton View Post
    Maybe this can fill the void for some readers?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reader
    Believe I tried that last year and it didnt even work....

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Believe I tried that last year and it didnt even work....

It works. Its just not much different than Pulse which I already use other than going directly to AC

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    That's a good idea, I'll make sure it gets noticed.
    Actually Patrick this is the way the iMore app works. It has it's own internal browser for this purpose.
    ~Jag~
    Member Of Android Central & Mobile Nations!

Quote Originally Posted by YourMobileGuru View Post
    I respectfully gotta disagree on that one unless it can be turned off. One of the main points of having an OS with a real web browser is that the full versions of the web page can be viewed easily not just the stripped down ones. When I read an article I want to read all of in Pulse the first thing I do is click the link to read the whole thing in the web browser.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    If this gets implemented as one of our sister site apps you will get the full web version within the built in apps browser and not just the mobile site unless that is all the site offers on a mobile phone. Thank you for the comment.
    ~Jag~
    Member Of Android Central & Mobile Nations!

Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Again I said FULL site including Flash content that never shows in browser wrappers. Its fine if that's from the app itself but I want the links in your email to open the browser. That's my point. We aren't iPhone with crappy browsers. I want it to look as close to the computer as possible..
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Barton View Post
    Maybe this can fill the void for some readers?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reader
    Heh. That's so old. I think we can do better.

Posted via the all-new Android Central App!
    Thanked by:
    nexusisneecesary likes this.

Again I said FULL site including Flash content that never shows in browser wrappers. Its fine if that's from the app itself but I want the links in your email to open the browser. That's my point. We aren't iPhone with crappy browsers. I want it to look as close to the computer as possible..
    Both solution can be easily implemented using Android's built in "defaults". The first time you click on an AC link it should ask "How do you want to open this" and you can choose whatever default you prefer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Phil I'm having problems with ac through tapatalk, it just started happening. Whenever I am viewing a thread it will show two or three empty posts at the top of the thread. Have you heard of this before, or is this exclusive to just me?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Phil I'm having problems with ac through tapatalk, it just started happening. Whenever I am viewing a thread it will show two or three empty posts at the top of the thread. Have you heard of this before, or is this exclusive to just me?

I'm seeing that too, but it hasn't affected usability.

Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Both solution can be easily implemented using Android's built in "defaults". The first time you click on an AC link it should ask "How do you want to open this" and you can choose whatever default you prefer.

Until the app is updated at which punt defaults get cleared. I prefer a clear separation of links in the app go to the app links from email go to the browser. My preference and I'm expressing them here

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    I'm seeing that too, but it hasn't affected usability.

Known bug in Tapatalk, happening on many forums.

Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Until the app is updated at which punt defaults get cleared. I prefer a clear separation of links in the app go to the app links from email go to the browser. My preference and I'm expressing them here
    Hmm... I don't think I've ever had my defaults get cleared when an app is updated. I only ever have to reset them when I do a factory reset or flash a new ROM.

I seriously thought the posts were invisible for awhile!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

New app suggestion...can you add what forum the Latest Post are coming from. Instead of just the title of the thread.

Posted via Android Central App
    ChromeJob and neonworm like this.

I love the new app so far!!! Excellent work. Can't wait to get off work to go home and play around with it!

I hope you will be adding smiley support.

neonworm likes this.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

- Mark as read feature for threads
    - Enlarge Lloyd sidebar button
    - When going to forums, would be nice if my favorites were the first column.
    - AC app is full of awesomeness! Great job!

Edit: Add Play Store links to posts. For example, the Mosaique post linked me to tagged posts but not the Play Store.

Edit2: When reading threads in the Forums, is it possible to read thread links in the app instead of launching the browser?

via Android Central App
    Last edited by int_architect; 05-10-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    the 4

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Really like this Android central app. Is there a way to search the forums for keywords using this app?

Technosticrati likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmac View Post
    Really like this Android central app. Is there a way to search the forums for keywords using this app?

It would be great to be able to search the blog /news too. Search is something that I use on the website often.

It could easily be just me, but almost every time I open the app, I get prompted to choose from Drive, Gmail, and Skydrive to complete the action. I don't even know what action that is. Share maybe? Not app-breaking, but I have to hit back whenever I open the app.

Also, featured forums take me to the site on my browser.

And last thing. There's no easy way to see if I'm logged in. I go to the forums and I can't see the last three tabs, so I tap on Account on the sidebar and I'm logged in. But nothing tells me so.

And just so we're clear, I love this app. Great job!

Last edited by oehrensperger; 05-16-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Hi guys, awesome app! Really enjoying using it and even started using the forums thanks to it. I am curious when I download a podcast as mp3, where does the actual file go? I can't find it in my Play Music, instead I can only see it in that built in "download" view on my Nexus 4 running stock. Cheers and thanks!

So far, love the app. But is anyone else having issues with logging into their account?? Still getting "Webpage not available" when I attempt to log on via my Droid 4 w/JB.

I get an Android Central has stopped as I back out of the app. Also cannot zoom pictures in app and does not appear to have PMs.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App

ROM
    N/A

Guys does anybody know where does the app downloads the mp3 version of the AC podcast please? It downloads on my phone but then its gone and I cant find it anywhere on my phone.

Sorry if this has been previously asked.

Love the app so far.

Thanks

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Me too. Does anybody know where the app downloads the mp3 version of the AC podcast to? It downloads on my phone but then its gone and I can't find it anywhere on my phone either. I fall back to streaming and have to remember where I left off (as well as spotty AT&T coverage).

Love the app so far. Thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast