Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Default Re: The new Android Central application ...

Cant comment on Jerry's n4 zebra article, even though logged in (I checked).

Cant revise comments, either, but that may be a Good Thing.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    atzeorc likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post

Weird. Is that persisting?

Hey AC,
    I really like your app, especially the option to open links with the app, it's so fast
    But I think, when you are reading an article in the app, the 'up' button should always get you to the app's main page, not back to where you came from.

Your phone's back button should get you one step back in time, the 'up' button (in the upper-left corner) should get you one step up in the app you are using.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I still don't know where they put it, but if you use the Downloads app, there it is. Now to see if it will remember when I pause it...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly 'Beans', Stock

Is there anyway on the new Android app to go to the 1st unread post in a thread? Everyone I visit and click on a thread I have been reading it takes me to page 1 post 1.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanked by:
    davidtm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Weird. Is that persisting?
    YEP. Just tried again. And couldn't post to his recent "Google Now will change..." article.

So I went into Account. It showed me logged in. Click "Link existing accounts." Android Central and iMore show as already linked. Made no changes, click "save links." Went back to the "Google Now" piece, and posted comment "Yep." It posted. Hrmmmm.....
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TWISM View Post
    Is there anyway on the new Android app to go to the 1st unread post in a thread? Everyone I visit and click on a thread I have been reading it takes me to page 1 post 1.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I don't think it supports that now. Hopefully a future update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I have a rooted LG optimus and I can download this app on jellybean r om's but on gingerbread ROMs it doesn't show up in the playstore anyone know what could be the problem

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kingseanrocks View Post
    I have a rooted LG optimus and I can download this app on jellybean r om's but on gingerbread ROMs it doesn't show up in the playstore anyone know what could be the problem

I'm not sure, but I think it only works on ICS and up. A lot of apps are starting to drop gingerbread support.

Thats kinda dumb like 70% of all android phones still run gingerbread its the most common android version

Quote Originally Posted by kingseanrocks View Post
    Thats kinda dumb like 70% of all android phones still run gingerbread its the most common android version

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...an-284-devices

Gingerbread is at 38%. ICS and JB combine for >55%.

I understand your frustration. App developers are in a tough situation because they have to pick a version to target. They want to be able to write an app that reaches as many users as possible, but they also want to be able to use the latest features and APIs.

In the beta post Phil said that they targeted 4.0 with "this release", so maybe additional compatibility will be in future releases. Android Central App: Open beta testing

When is the next update for this app going to be released?

I've been using the AC app widget on my Nexus 7 tablet and HTC One phone, noticing battery life on both devices is worse recently. I'm going to take the widget off the One and see what happens.
    Love the app and widget. Hope to see more improvements.

Is it just me or has the AC app been buggy since the last update? I have to close it randomly and reopen it to have it load things. It doesn't even attempt to use the data connection and just to be sure it wasn't Sprint I tried it at home on wifi. All apps worked but I'd stare at "loading..." when trying to load more threads in a section.

Is this known?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/29/uryvema9.jpg

I am having this same problem and it keeps saying I am logged out and then when I push log in, it logs me in.

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    I am having this same problem and it keeps saying I am logged out and then when I push log in, it logs me in.

Yep. Me too, except when I go to Account it shows me logged in. I have to go to the web to post. Hrmmmmm.

I still haven't gotten the update. The one with the dark theme.

wow the latest update keeps logging me off. Even switching out to a different app just after logging in and browsing around immediately logs me off. basically useless for daily users.

also I have to enter my username and PW every single time now. It's never saved.

from my DNA

My wish list (or possibly stuff that already exists but I can't find!) :

Mark forum read
    Open directly to Favorite Forums tab
    Indication that there are unread messages in a given forum without having to open it.

Thanks guys and gals, it all looks great otherwise!

How can u upload a pic to a forum thru tha app

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    wow the latest update keeps logging me off. Even switching out to a different app just after logging in and browsing around immediately logs me off. basically useless for daily users.

also I have to enter my username and PW every single time now. It's never saved.

from my DNA
    The above has been fixed.

from my DNA

I am having problems where sometimes I can't post because it says I am not logged in or do not have the permission to do it. Also, sometimes when I go into the comments, it says 0 comments and doesn't show any comments. And it has been crashing alot lately

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Sync Interval options could be better. Only goes up to 30 mins? How bout 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs? The app IS just a news app, not traffic, severe wx, email.

Take the hubris down a notch, give us 4 hr update cycles, please.

// Tapatalk 2 on Nexus 4. //

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    I am having problems where sometimes I can't post because it says I am not logged in or do not have the permission to do it. Also, sometimes when I go into the comments, it says 0 comments and doesn't show any comments. And it has been crashing alot lately

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Fixed in recent update for me, it prompts to log in, then posting works without a hitch. Make sure you've got the latest version.

Getting more crashes lately. And the page transition folderol sometimes results in double-input.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast