The new Android Central application ...

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I was using the app, until I realized that paid Tapatalk 2 (and later Tapatalk HD on my N7) was good, and the sale price was good.

Recently Tapatalk announced some monetization scheme that got a lot of heated discussion on their forums. I guess that couldn't a factor, could it? Hrm?

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have mobile nations set up in Google currents and have the tapatalk AC app. Was getting battery drain so I installed wakelock to check what was waking my nexus 4. And the culprit was the tapatalk forum app for AC with a wake time of 6hrs. Uninstalled promptly.
Please integrate forums into the new app. Makes no sense having two apps for one site.
But kudos that you have finally come round to making an app, I visit the site about twice a day and google currents is not very polite on data. And battery life.
I hope also that there is a tablet version.
Sorry for the long reply, just want to **** of the wife who wants to watch a movie on my computer

droidnewbie2011

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update Phil. Looking forward to the app in all it's goodness. If there is any flaws on it, so be it, besides aren't we all flawed in so form. :D

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a feature request/suggestion. I don't even know if this is technically possible. It would be great if we could participate in the AC podcast live. I want to be able to watch the podcast live and participate in the live chat at the same time.

Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Also, I really like the icon in the OP. Very nice!

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I respectfully gotta disagree on that one unless it can be turned off. One of the main points of having an OS with a real web browser is that the full versions of the web page can be viewed easily not just the stripped down ones. When I read an article I want to read all of in Pulse the first thing I do is click the link to read the whole thing in the web browser.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

If this gets implemented as one of our sister site apps you will get the full web version within the built in apps browser and not just the mobile site unless that is all the site offers on a mobile phone. Thank you for the comment.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Again I said FULL site including Flash content that never shows in browser wrappers. Its fine if that's from the app itself but I want the links in your email to open the browser. That's my point. We aren't iPhone with crappy browsers. I want it to look as close to the computer as possible..

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Again I said FULL site including Flash content that never shows in browser wrappers. Its fine if that's from the app itself but I want the links in your email to open the browser. That's my point. We aren't iPhone with crappy browsers. I want it to look as close to the computer as possible..

Both solution can be easily implemented using Android's built in "defaults". The first time you click on an AC link it should ask "How do you want to open this" and you can choose whatever default you prefer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Phil I'm having problems with ac through tapatalk, it just started happening. Whenever I am viewing a thread it will show two or three empty posts at the top of the thread. Have you heard of this before, or is this exclusive to just me?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Phil I'm having problems with ac through tapatalk, it just started happening. Whenever I am viewing a thread it will show two or three empty posts at the top of the thread. Have you heard of this before, or is this exclusive to just me?

I'm seeing that too, but it hasn't affected usability.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Both solution can be easily implemented using Android's built in "defaults". The first time you click on an AC link it should ask "How do you want to open this" and you can choose whatever default you prefer.

Until the app is updated at which punt defaults get cleared. I prefer a clear separation of links in the app go to the app links from email go to the browser. My preference and I'm expressing them here :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing it too.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm seeing that too, but it hasn't affected usability.

Known bug in Tapatalk, happening on many forums.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Until the app is updated at which punt defaults get cleared. I prefer a clear separation of links in the app go to the app links from email go to the browser. My preference and I'm expressing them here :)

Hmm... I don't think I've ever had my defaults get cleared when an app is updated. I only ever have to reset them when I do a factory reset or flash a new ROM.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
New app suggestion...can you add what forum the Latest Post are coming from. Instead of just the title of the thread.

Posted via Android Central App

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I love the new app so far!!! Excellent work. Can't wait to get off work to go home and play around with it! :)

Posted via Android Central App