Android Central App: Open beta testing

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Biggest issue to me right now is the lack of support for images inside forum threads. Just shows the code. (Not images uploaded as attachments but images linked from an external source.)

Posted via Android Central App

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Stock HTC DNA

apk installed without issue.

Open items:
Google+ login was awkward as mentioned by someone earlier
Can't find my phone listed in the forums when going into By Name
Battery drain

As my schedule doesn't always allow me to be a part of the podcasts anymore, I think that section may be my favorite in the app.

Enhancements
Search functionality within the app (especially forums)

Overall, great job on the app. This could definitely push to the Store now.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So far a good beta release. Working well on my non rooted stock Nexus 10.

Add:
Landscape mode please.
Use global text input settings.
Alternate color themes
Auto Log out after so much time
Less battery use please

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Battery usage

That's something we're always conscious of, of course. But when you're pounding out some beta testing (like everyone here is), it shouldn't be a big surprise to see it float to the top of the list. You're *using* the app. :)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Stock HTC DNA

apk installed without issue.

Open items:
Google+ login was awkward as mentioned by someone earlier
Can't find my phone listed in the forums when going into By Name
Battery drain

As my schedule doesn't always allow me to be a part of the podcasts anymore, I think that section may be my favorite in the app.

Enhancements
Search functionality within the app (especially forums)

Overall, great job on the app. This could definitely push to the Store now.

It isn't listed as the htc droid DNA, but the Verizon droid DNA.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367344966689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367344966689.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 35

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded, excellent app and so feature rich.

A couple things:

1. Please make the icon follow the Android design guidelines with the slight top-down perspective. A flat square icon is not Holo, and this isn't that difficult, you could even run your current icon through this machine (http://android-ui-utils.googlecode.com/hg/asset-studio/dist/icons-launcher.html) and it would follow the guidelines better.

2. Speed up the animations when fading things in and out, the current speed gives the appearance of slowness when that is most certainly not a problem (ignore this if the animation speed is at the speed to minimize white screen time).

That's it! Awesome job guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
HELP... not sure why but got a problem... When I started this I was on my data connection as away from home. The 1st link didn't work, so I tried the 2nd. That didn't work because of 'vlplayer' being installed.
I uninstalled vlplayer and 2nd link worked fine... Everything was good...

When I got home, I switched off the mobile data and switched on wi-fi and it's hanging on 'Turning on Wi-Fi'. I've rebooted several times and same prob.
I then uninstalled the android central app and it's still hanging...

Totally not sure if linked to your app, because wi-fi was fine before I went out... Or maybe uninstalling vlplayer caused prob.. Weird one..
It may also be totally unconnected to any of the above and I just got a new problem.
Any answers people please?

Nexus 7 4.2.2

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
App is good. Installed no problem. Light years ahead of the current Play store app. I like it. Haven't tested the comments system yet. We will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
App is good. Installed no problem. Light years ahead of the current Play store app. I like it. Haven't tested the comments system yet. We will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Yeah. Definitely log in and try the comments and the forum functionality. I agree that smoother log-in needs to happen. Definitely on our roadmap as something to look at.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome guys! No issues at all, running CM Nightlies on Galaxy Nexus. Only request would to be a dark theme. Thanks!!

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was able to download and install fine on my Nexus 4 but when I tried the login screen I couldn't enter my password. I was able to enter my username but then could't get "into" the password field. I'm using SwiftKey, not sure if that makes a difference...

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So far working great on my HTC One! Looking good too. Will post if I encounter anything strange as I continue using it.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, I downloaded the app from the original attachment that was posted, installed w/o a hitch.

Gavin Farrell

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 tablet running jb 4.2.2
Download: perfect no problems fast and quick install As expected (Norton security also said it was cool with them hahaha XD)
scrolling: fast no lags
Opening and closing links: quick and smooth
Overall: fast grand and no problems so far although navigating forums was a bit hard to get the hang of and the theme is quite plain besides that love it :D well done hope I helped