Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Android Central App: Open beta testing

When trying to change an avatar through the app, it opens the page and gives me the option to select a photo, but when I click the button, the dialogue box with my gallery never pops up. Just a heads up :-)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android Central App: Open beta testing-uploadfromtaptalk1367523099798.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by verymadworld1988 View Post
    So my first impression review:
    Man this is one well thought out and beautiful app! I cannot believe the care that has gone into its design. Definitely a prime example of good Halo. I only have a few minor gripes with the app as of right now. I will add any bugs I find as I come across them:

-the fade effect transition between pages is really distracting, jarring, and unnecessary. I would like to see it go away.
    -as another user stated, it would be really nice to have youtube videos playable from within the app itself, a la Google Currents
    -A feature I would really really like to see implemented is the ability to swipe from one story to another without having to stretch my thumb all the way to the top left hand corner of the screen to go back to the list view when you first open the app. A left and right swipe to go to the next / previous story (like in Pulse) would be nice, or maybe even just tiny grey arrows one you get to the bottom of the page. Did I mention that I would really like to see this feature?

Thanks for making such a great app! Your developer deserves a lot of credit, as I'm sure this app is only going to get better with time.
    I love the fade looks awesome.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

don't feel like reading all the request maybe in Phil's post he can have a section with all request. here's a couple more green banner green android not feeling it. having to go into menu and click forum page how about adding to main tile. clicking on a thread how about option to go last post read instead back to first post.

Posted via Android Central App
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Pull to refresh.
    Forum thread paging at the bottom of the screen.

Sophos and jean15paul like this.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

One issue I noticed today that I don't know if its because of app or not. When replying in app(using swipe), when I hit the period to end the sentence it does not capitalize the next word. The setting is selected in Swype settings and works in all other things on my phone. Like messaging, internet posting, facebook and others are working fine. Anyone else notice this issue. Im using this on my S3

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    One issue I noticed today that I don't know if its because of app or not. When replying in app(using swipe), when I hit the period to end the sentence it does not capitalize the next word. The setting is selected in Swype settings and works in all other things on my phone. Like messaging, internet posting, facebook and others are working fine. Anyone else notice this issue. Im using this on my S3
    I have this same issue using the stock 4.2 keyboard, so it isn't just you (or swype).
    Thanked by:
    Redx 

Can you let us delete posts within 10 minutes after we post it. That would be nice.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2 likes this.

The app is great ! when are planning an update? a formal release?

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Love the app. Fast. Runs great. While I know most geeks want push notifications or faster would like options for longer refresh - longest is 30 minutes - would like to see an hour.

Just first quick thoughts - haven't used it much yet.

We need jump to last read comment in the forums!
    chubb and gnr_2 like this.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oridimant View Post
    The app is great ! when are planning an update? a formal release?

I've been working on a new build which incorporates feedback I've been reading here from everyone. I think we should be able to put that out for everyone really soon (I'd post the build now but I do want to check with Phil first :-)). Phil and the team are currently looking in to assets we'll need to put the app up on the marketplace. I think once we have that and a few more features and fixes we should be good to launch with version 1.0!
    Thanked by 7:
    Sophos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by codehut View Post
    I've been working on a new build which incorporates feedback I've been reading here from everyone. I think we should be able to put that out for everyone really soon (I'd post the build now but I do want to check with Phil first :-)). Phil and the team are currently looking in to assets we'll need to put the app up on the marketplace. I think once we have that and a few more features and fixes we should be good to launch with version 1.0!
    Great !! Cant wait

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ok... there is the new mobile nations "passport", trying to generate hits to all platform sites because you realize that we are all dorks for any gadget...
    But this really well done app doesn't allow access to any of the other sites/forums?

that being said... I only use it for the forum, because I use Flipboard, and I don't use tapatalk. But if there was content from all 4 sites (no, 4. webos doesn't count) then maybe I'd spend more time looking at the app that YOU get to sell ad space on instead.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #139  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts

Latest build is in the OP. Have at it!
    Thanked by 4:
    Air Force One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Latest build is in the OP. Have at it!
    Cool thanks loving this app
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"

Just downloaded it but the thread titles are staying black even when I have already read them. Can somebody help?

gnr_2 likes this.

ROM
    3.0.49-cyanogenmod-g5756a

App force closes when trying to open the web link for the new app. Just a heads up.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #143  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rfdesign21 View Post
    App force closes when trying to open the web link for the new app. Just a heads up.

Fixed the link in the OP. It works now. That's something that was fixed in 0.9.2, actually.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Just downloaded it but the thread titles are staying black even when I have already read them. Can somebody help?

Hi neonworm,

Not a bug, just something I haven't put in the app yet :-)
    Thanked by 2:
    Air Force One and jean15paul like this.

Hi neonworm,

Not a bug, just something I haven't put in the app yet :-)
    Oh.

codehut likes this.

Haven't found any bugs yet, but I gotta say, I love the new app. It's been a long time coming. Can't wait for the stable release!

Thanked by:
    Air Force One likes this.

Let me give an update on my few days of Androidcentral app usage. When I open a thread on the latest posts list, the app should says which forum the thread has been posted in. This app also needs the ability to turn around into landscape mode. Some small quibbles, but other than that, I'm pretty impressed by how good the app is.

By the way, can someone tell me how to edit my own posts on this app?

I hope my feedback will be able to help you improve this app. I will update later on with my thoughts on how I think this app should be improved.

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version, and WOW, it is amazing. Most of those quibbles I was talking about have been addressed. All except the landscape mode. Big thumbs up to you guys!
    Last edited by TheLegoman; 05-06-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    Let me give an update on my few days of Androidcentral app usage. When I open a thread on the latest posts list, the app should says which forum the thread has been posted in. This app also needs the ability to turn around into landscape mode. Some small quibbles, but other than that, I'm pretty impressed by how good the app is.

By the way, can someone tell me how to edit my own posts on this app?

I hope my feedback will be able to help you improve this app. I will update later on with my thoughts on how I think this app should be improved.

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version, and WOW, it is amazing. Most of those quibbles I was talking about have been addressed. All except the landscape mode. Big thumbs up to you guys!
    Thanks Legoman. I'm actually working away at Landscape mode now so it should be in the next build!
    Thanked by 2:
    nexusisneecesary likes this.

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

Thanks Legoman. I'm actually working away at Landscape mode now so it should be in the next build!
    Thank you for your hard work..the dedication from every mobile nations site,and especially android central to it's forum members is amazing...keep up the great work everyone at ac and mobile nations.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:
    neonworm likes this.

When is support for smilies coming? Or, it's just not showing up for me.

Nevermind. Sorry, I didn't see them.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast