Android Central App: Open beta testing

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So will the embedded image function ever be added, or will we have to resort to the afore mentioned process? You guys have done a great job on the app so far, and rolled out a testing cycle much sooner than I thought possible from the date of announcement. I look forward to seeing future improvements.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
I can't answer that Jennifer but I would think its something everyone would like to have is the ability to insert images into a post.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have just tried it and it works fine on my note 2, I like the new design too really funky

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
so far no issues. maybe a request or 2, dark theme, and make latest post the first thing you see when u open forums.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to edit a post after u posted it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
As for many of these suggestions being posted, requested much of the common ones are and will be added I'm sure. The goal was to get this out in its current working form for you to enjoy, see the progress and give some valuable feedback. The design team was well aware that more needed to be added and have assured everyone that they will do their best to make this the best darn feature rich app and user friendly as possible given time.

And a number of them are listed in the second post in this thread. :p

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Above all things, please code the app so that it can open Android Central links! For example, if I click a link in Twitter, the article opens in the AC app. Google+ does this, but I'm not sure if Google has a lock on that functionality.

Edit: The app already does this from Google+, but not Falcon Pro. I wonder if that is due to the fact they use phon.es links in Twitter.

Screenshot_2013-05-01-20-29-30.png

Last edited:

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't had any problems. For the record I'm using the HTC One on AT&T over LTE. The app is very fast and rock solid from a stability standpoint. I will update if I find any issues but for now it's working great! I would love a good widget, maybe a few different sizes such as a 4x2 that has bullet point text updates and a 4x4 that has pictures and major article summaries. Just a thought!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Pretty sure that's what borking it. Dev's looking into it. :)

I don't know if this has already been asked, but when will there bee an editing option? and when will this be available from the play store?
Last question when will the app automatically capitalise the first letter?
This is an amazing app nice and fast so I just wanted to know if those features would be added soon.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems like it always opens to the news, is there a way to get it to open to the forums?
Also, can you have favorite forums, or subscribe to specific forums rather than have to hunt, scroll down, tap, scroll down, etc to get to the one you want?

As it is now, I am finding the old tapatalk app both easier and faster to use.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just made a forum a favorite right from the app. I also made this thread a favorite thread.

Posted via Android Central App on my unlocked T-Mobile Note 2 running stock 4.1.2 on AT&T.