Android Central App: Open beta testing

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I have spent more time in the AC forums since installing this app than I have in a long time. Good things. :thumbup: :beer: :)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you make the beta available in the Google Play store?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Probably going to hold off on that for a little bit. We're excited to get it out there but still have some things to fix.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

verymadworld1988

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So my first impression review:
Man this is one well thought out and beautiful app! I cannot believe the care that has gone into its design. Definitely a prime example of good Halo. I only have a few minor gripes with the app as of right now. I will add any bugs I find as I come across them:

-the fade effect transition between pages is really distracting, jarring, and unnecessary. I would like to see it go away.
-as another user stated, it would be really nice to have youtube videos playable from within the app itself, a la Google Currents
-A feature I would really really like to see implemented is the ability to swipe from one story to another without having to stretch my thumb all the way to the top left hand corner of the screen to go back to the list view when you first open the app. A left and right swipe to go to the next / previous story (like in Pulse) would be nice, or maybe even just tiny grey arrows one you get to the bottom of the page. Did I mention that I would really like to see this feature?

Thanks for making such a great app! Your developer deserves a lot of credit, as I'm sure this app is only going to get better with time.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Another quick suggestion:

On the "lastest posts" page of the forums section it would be useful see which forums the posts are from.

Keep up the good work!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When trying to change an avatar through the app, it opens the page and gives me the option to select a photo, but when I click the button, the dialogue box with my gallery never pops up. Just a heads up :)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367523099798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367523099798.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 58

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So my first impression review:
Man this is one well thought out and beautiful app! I cannot believe the care that has gone into its design. Definitely a prime example of good Halo. I only have a few minor gripes with the app as of right now. I will add any bugs I find as I come across them:

-the fade effect transition between pages is really distracting, jarring, and unnecessary. I would like to see it go away.
-as another user stated, it would be really nice to have youtube videos playable from within the app itself, a la Google Currents
-A feature I would really really like to see implemented is the ability to swipe from one story to another without having to stretch my thumb all the way to the top left hand corner of the screen to go back to the list view when you first open the app. A left and right swipe to go to the next / previous story (like in Pulse) would be nice, or maybe even just tiny grey arrows one you get to the bottom of the page. Did I mention that I would really like to see this feature?

Thanks for making such a great app! Your developer deserves a lot of credit, as I'm sure this app is only going to get better with time.

I love the fade looks awesome.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
don't feel like reading all the request maybe in Phil's post he can have a section with all request. here's a couple more green banner green android not feeling it. having to go into menu and click forum page how about adding to main tile. clicking on a thread how about option to go last post read instead back to first post.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
One issue I noticed today that I don't know if its because of app or not. When replying in app(using swipe), when I hit the period to end the sentence it does not capitalize the next word. The setting is selected in Swype settings and works in all other things on my phone. Like messaging, internet posting, facebook and others are working fine. Anyone else notice this issue. Im using this on my S3

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
One issue I noticed today that I don't know if its because of app or not. When replying in app(using swipe), when I hit the period to end the sentence it does not capitalize the next word. The setting is selected in Swype settings and works in all other things on my phone. Like messaging, internet posting, facebook and others are working fine. Anyone else notice this issue. Im using this on my S3

I have this same issue using the stock 4.2 keyboard, so it isn't just you (or swype).

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Can you let us delete posts within 10 minutes after we post it. That would be nice.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Love the app. Fast. Runs great. While I know most geeks want push notifications or faster would like options for longer refresh - longest is 30 minutes - would like to see an hour.

Just first quick thoughts - haven't used it much yet.

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The app is great ! when are planning an update? a formal release?

I've been working on a new build which incorporates feedback I've been reading here from everyone. I think we should be able to put that out for everyone really soon (I'd post the build now but I do want to check with Phil first :)). Phil and the team are currently looking in to assets we'll need to put the app up on the marketplace. I think once we have that and a few more features and fixes we should be good to launch with version 1.0!

oridimant

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been working on a new build which incorporates feedback I've been reading here from everyone. I think we should be able to put that out for everyone really soon (I'd post the build now but I do want to check with Phil first :)). Phil and the team are currently looking in to assets we'll need to put the app up on the marketplace. I think once we have that and a few more features and fixes we should be good to launch with version 1.0!

Great !! Cant wait

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
ok... there is the new mobile nations "passport", trying to generate hits to all platform sites because you realize that we are all dorks for any gadget...
But this really well done app doesn't allow access to any of the other sites/forums?

that being said... I only use it for the forum, because I use Flipboard, and I don't use tapatalk. But if there was content from all 4 sites (no, 4. webos doesn't count) then maybe I'd spend more time looking at the app that YOU get to sell ad space on instead.