Android Central App: Open beta testing

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded it but the thread titles are staying black even when I have already read them. Can somebody help?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

WCAL_Thrasher

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Haven't found any bugs yet, but I gotta say, I love the new app. It's been a long time coming. Can't wait for the stable release!

Posted via Android Central App

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Let me give an update on my few days of Androidcentral app usage. When I open a thread on the latest posts list, the app should says which forum the thread has been posted in. This app also needs the ability to turn around into landscape mode. Some small quibbles, but other than that, I'm pretty impressed by how good the app is.

By the way, can someone tell me how to edit my own posts on this app?

I hope my feedback will be able to help you improve this app. I will update later on with my thoughts on how I think this app should be improved.

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version, and WOW, it is amazing. Most of those quibbles I was talking about have been addressed. All except the landscape mode. Big thumbs up to you guys!

Last edited:

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me give an update on my few days of Androidcentral app usage. When I open a thread on the latest posts list, the app should says which forum the thread has been posted in. This app also needs the ability to turn around into landscape mode. Some small quibbles, but other than that, I'm pretty impressed by how good the app is.

By the way, can someone tell me how to edit my own posts on this app?

I hope my feedback will be able to help you improve this app. I will update later on with my thoughts on how I think this app should be improved.

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version, and WOW, it is amazing. Most of those quibbles I was talking about have been addressed. All except the landscape mode. Big thumbs up to you guys!

Thanks Legoman. I'm actually working away at Landscape mode now so it should be in the next build!

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Legoman. I'm actually working away at Landscape mode now so it should be in the next build!

Thank you for your hard work..the dedication from every mobile nations site,and especially android central to it's forum members is amazing...keep up the great work everyone at ac and mobile nations.:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The only suggestion i have is to take advantage of the empty space under the navigation pane..by putting the new editorials and or reviews there,as take advantage of that empty space.Thanks guys.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, the thanks and likes are not showing up for me either.
They may not be showing up as to who thanked/like(which now that you mention it is another thing i would like to see) but up in the top right hand corner,you should see the number of thanks and likes located there.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've only been playing with this for a couple of hours (in total) but here's my first impressions.

This is a great, professionally done app. The update Phil posted today seems a lot smoother and more responsive than the 1st version.

This definitely needs landscape support. When viewing pictures on the blog you need the extra size of landscape.

Regarding YouTube video playback, I actually prefer to be taken to the YouTube app. But I wish it could be implemented in such a way that I'm taken directly to the YouTube app instead of going from the AC app to the browser to the YouTube app. The problem with this (besides the lag) is that when the video is over, and I hit back, I'm taken back to the browser not back to the AC app. Hitting back again takes me back through my browser history. The only way to get back to the AC app is with the multitasking button or through the app drawer.

I would love to be able to swipe left and right when I'm in a blog story to go to the previous / next story.

I would love a dark theme.

I'm not getting notifications of replies to forum threads that I'm subscribed to.

Notifications of replies to blog comments would be AWESOME!

I prefer to watch the video podcasts. It would be great if those were linked in the podcast section.

Bold for unread threads in the forums.

Would it be possible to use rich formatting (bold, italic, font sizes, etc) when writing forum threads/posts? For example I would have loved to make this a bullet list.

Thanks again for a great app.

Last edited:

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded the update so far I myself have not noticed any issues. I did not have any issues with the other release. Great work.

turtleparadise

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When reading the From the Forums post I clicked on one of the forum links and my options to view the link were either the browser or tapatalk, but not in the forum section of the app itself. Being able to view the forum link right in the app would be great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta