Android Central App: Open beta testing

Mr_Twist

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Guys does anybody know where does the app downloads the mp3 version of the AC podcast please? It downloads on my phone but then its gone and I cant find it anywhere on my phone.

Sorry if this has been previously asked.

Love the app so far.

Posted via Android Central App

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, to new bugs to report both involved with streaming the podcast.

1) while streaming the podcast if a call comes in and I answer the call, the podcast continue to stream while I'm in the call. The app needs to be able to see the phone state and automatically call the stream.

2) when streaming a podcast and you get to the end, even though the podcast is finished the app still shows it as playing until you manually press the pause button

I hope this helps. Keep up the great work

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thread is starting to get big, not sure if this was mentioned/addressed before...

Ability to read/respond to PMs on the forum side?

crsledge

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I may be missing something simple... How to move between threads while viewing a thread without moving back to the list of threads? I thought maybe swiping left/right would work but doesn't seem to. What am I missing?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I may be missing something simple... How to move between threads while viewing a thread without moving back to the list of threads? I thought maybe swiping left/right would work but doesn't seem to. What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do that in this version. I really hope that is added in the future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

JayJ-1974

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
2) when streaming a podcast and you get to the end, even though the podcast is finished the app still shows it as playing until you manually press the pause button

I just found exactly the same bug after watching AC podcast #136 and came here to report it. The only way I could remove the notification was to force close the AC application, even swiping the tile in tasks/recently used didn't close the app or the steamed podcast.

Great application otherwise.

Thanks.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Once the Android Central app gets Participated forum threads working, I'll make the switch full-time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Really love the progress on this app!

One little thing I've noticed: the app seems to log me out frequently. I have to re-log in almost every time I post/reply.
Thx & keep up the great work!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

One little thing I've noticed: the app seems to log me out frequently. I have to re-log in almost every time I post/reply.

The same thing has been happening to me. I'll try to reply and can't because I'm logged out. Then I'll hit the account button and it will automatically log me in (without me having to enter my username and password).

It seems like the app has your login info saved but your account periodically times out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The same thing has been happening to me. I'll try to reply and can't because I'm logged out. Then I'll hit the account button and it will automatically log me in (without me having to enter my username and password).

It seems like the app has your login info saved but your account periodically times out.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for reporting this! I believe I have fixed the issue now and we'll be releasing a new version shortly with this fix and some other minor changes.

Last edited:

anon(723554)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Would live to see the ability to swipe side to side while reading blog posts, or at least a Next/Previous button on screen. Going back to the menu and then selecting the next post seem a little counter-intuitive.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Would live to see the ability to swipe side to side while reading blog posts, or at least a Next/Previous button on screen. Going back to the menu and then selecting the next post seem a little counter-intuitive.

Agreed

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if we should still be reporting bugs in this thread now that the app is no longer in beta..... But I've run into this triple refresh button thing a couple of times now.

pe6yjusu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I found an issue with the review summary box and night mode. In night mode the text is changed to a light color but the background is also a light color, which makes it very difficult to read. Example pics from the Ouya review.

1374943610613.jpg

1374943634257.jpg