Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play and google play music app

I have all my music within Google Play and use this to purchase new tracks, which is great. The only problems comes when I want to listen to my music via my phone Samsung S3, I have installed the Google Play Music App and have been unable to get the music to transfer or play offline, i.e. when I am out running. Please can someone help.

Default Re: Google play and google play music app

I only have my music locally so I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was something to do with the pin icon - when I press it I get a message to say all my music is local so I assume its something to do with moving music onto the device.

Have to say that Play Music is the worst music player I have seen on any device - complete and utter pants. An object lesson in how to make something intrinsically simple indescribably complex. Like, why use one tap when you can use 15? And why use screen real estate economically when you can fill it with massive icons that **** all? Major Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by elf2512 View Post
    I have all my music within Google Play and use this to purchase new tracks, which is great. The only problems comes when I want to listen to my music via my phone Samsung S3, I have installed the Google Play Music App and have been unable to get the music to transfer or play offline, i.e. when I am out running. Please can someone help.
    Can you tell us what you've tried so far? It should be fairly straightforward--just go to the Albums list, tap the contextual menu icon (the 3 vertical dot one) to the right of the album name, then tap "Keep on device." The pin icon will then highlight and become vertical, and the album should temporarily download to your device. Keep in mind that it is stored as a fairly obscurely coded file, so it isn't meant for you to download your entire library to your device. If you want to download your music and freely move it around, you should do it using Google Play Music on your desktop/laptop.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I tired that option but for some reason it didnt work so I had to download my music to my pc (samsung) and then add to my music folder then sync'd which in turn led me to start using the music player on myphone rather that google play music, just wanted a work around.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What music player would you recommend that syncs with google play

Quote Originally Posted by elf2512 View Post
    I tired that option but for some reason it didnt work so I had to download my music to my pc (samsung) and then add to my music folder then sync'd which in turn led me to start using the music player on myphone rather that google play music, just wanted a work around.
    Can you explain a little more how it didn't work? When you pin the music, it still has to download to be stored locally, so did you wait a while after tapping the pin to allow it to download, or did you turn off wifi or mobile data right away?