Attn: Android Central Administrators

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Greetings -

I'm new here. Just downloaded your app today. Was attempting to set up my user profile, but ran into a little snag. When clicking on the link to upload an avatar, a box appeared on my screen suggesting that I "drag" an image into place - somewhat of a difficult task for we smartphone visitors! A partially-worded {text faded into obscurity}, non-functional link said something about "Use Your Gallery", yet that didn't work either. Using a Galaxy S3 running 4.3 Jelly Bean. Thought you'd like to know.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance!

Sent via Cyberspace

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The interface you were seeing might have been lifted from the webpage. In general, editing your profile works best from the Android Central Forums website using your computer browser, rather than using the app.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The Android Central App uses an embedded WebView to show our Passport system's profile management page. Looks like there's an adjustment needed to the viewport sizing or popup dimensions.

Rest assured that the right people are aware, and thanks for the feedback. :)

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The interface you were seeing might have been lifted from the webpage. In general, editing your profile works best from the Android Central Forums website using your computer browser, rather than using the app.

Acknowledged. Thank you!

Sent via Cyberspace

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The Android Central App uses an embedded WebView to show our Passport system's profile management page. Looks like there's an adjustment needed to the viewport sizing or popup dimensions.

Rest assured that the right people are aware, and thanks for the feedback. :)

Understood. Thanks for both the timely response, and that dose of reassurance!

Sent via Cyberspace

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I agree with the others that any change you want to make is best done on the desktop version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Understood. Thanks for both the timely response, and that dose of reassurance!

Sent via Cyberspace

I'm sorry, you're too pleasant and polite to participate in online forums.:p

Just kidding--it's always so nice to read posts from people with manners (Google it, people;))!

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Follow-up report: There's definitely a problem of some sort at hand. I just tweaked my profile on a PC, but STILL couldn't get an avatar in place! It's showing exactly what I see on my phone - a box that says "drag & drop" yet with no means for producing an image to grab. Nor does the "upload from gallery" link work.

I'm taking this as a sign that I should remain forever "in the shadows" within this environment! :)

Sent via Cyberspace

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Follow-up report: There's definitely a problem of some sort at hand. I just tweaked my profile on a PC, but STILL couldn't get an avatar in place! It's showing exactly what I see on my phone - a box that says "drag & drop" yet with no means for producing an image to grab. Nor does the "upload from gallery" link work.

I'm taking this as a sign that I should remain forever "in the shadows" within this environment! :)

Sent via Cyberspace

Maybe something to do with the image size? I can't remember if there is a limit.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It was only a meg or so in size. Around 500 or 600 pixels square. Based on that "drag & drop" box, while being unable to produce any working link or buttons, it certainly "appears" to be broken.

Sent via Cyberspace

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried to go to the desktop site as well but can not locate section to log in.

Posted via the Android Central App
Welcome to Android Central.

I agree it's obscure, but once you have logged in your Avatar will appear there.

Its the second box from the very top right corner, usually has a white head and shoulders, between the 3 horizontal lines / hamburger icon which has a list of site shortcuts, and a new search icon.

See where my theatre / vaudeville audience avatar is. Now I have discovered something new in the drop down and must go look.

Sorry your other questions weren't answered. I can't see how you can run out of app space on a GS6. I will bump it up.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=547498

5cfb05b19e30d2b2a91d6e7e5e3f714c.jpg
c03ab4c63903fcd7cb0cf09b8a20da52.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia