• 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 2 Post By Danny X-Ray
  • 1 Post By Danny X-Ray
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Attn: Android Central Administrators

Greetings -

I'm new here. Just downloaded your app today. Was attempting to set up my user profile, but ran into a little snag. When clicking on the link to upload an avatar, a box appeared on my screen suggesting that I "drag" an image into place - somewhat of a difficult task for we smartphone visitors! A partially-worded {text faded into obscurity}, non-functional link said something about "Use Your Gallery", yet that didn't work either. Using a Galaxy S3 running 4.3 Jelly Bean. Thought you'd like to know.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance!

Sent via Cyberspace

Default Re: Attn: Android Central Administrators

Welcome to Android Central! The interface you were seeing might have been lifted from the webpage. In general, editing your profile works best from the Android Central Forums website using your computer browser, rather than using the app.
    Paul627g likes this.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Thank you for your comment. I am moving this thread to the site feedback area.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.

The Android Central App uses an embedded WebView to show our Passport system's profile management page. Looks like there's an adjustment needed to the viewport sizing or popup dimensions.

Rest assured that the right people are aware, and thanks for the feedback.
    Thanked by 3:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! The interface you were seeing might have been lifted from the webpage. In general, editing your profile works best from the Android Central Forums website using your computer browser, rather than using the app.
    Acknowledged. Thank you!

Sent via Cyberspace
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Thank you for your comment. I am moving this thread to the site feedback area.
    Right. Henceforth, I shall strive to post in the proper location

Sent via Cyberspace
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    The Android Central App uses an embedded WebView to show our Passport system's profile management page. Looks like there's an adjustment needed to the viewport sizing or popup dimensions.

Rest assured that the right people are aware, and thanks for the feedback.
    Understood. Thanks for both the timely response, and that dose of reassurance!

Sent via Cyberspace

Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Welcome to the forums. I agree with the others that any change you want to make is best done on the desktop version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Danny X-Ray View Post
    Understood. Thanks for both the timely response, and that dose of reassurance!

Sent via Cyberspace
    I'm sorry, you're too pleasant and polite to participate in online forums.

Just kidding--it's always so nice to read posts from people with manners (Google it, people)!
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Follow-up report: There's definitely a problem of some sort at hand. I just tweaked my profile on a PC, but STILL couldn't get an avatar in place! It's showing exactly what I see on my phone - a box that says "drag & drop" yet with no means for producing an image to grab. Nor does the "upload from gallery" link work.

I'm taking this as a sign that I should remain forever "in the shadows" within this environment!

Sent via Cyberspace

Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Danny X-Ray View Post
    Follow-up report: There's definitely a problem of some sort at hand. I just tweaked my profile on a PC, but STILL couldn't get an avatar in place! It's showing exactly what I see on my phone - a box that says "drag & drop" yet with no means for producing an image to grab. Nor does the "upload from gallery" link work.

I'm taking this as a sign that I should remain forever "in the shadows" within this environment!

Sent via Cyberspace
    Maybe something to do with the image size? I can't remember if there is a limit.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

It was only a meg or so in size. Around 500 or 600 pixels square. Based on that "drag & drop" box, while being unable to produce any working link or buttons, it certainly "appears" to be broken.

Sent via Cyberspace
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

As mentioned in another thread, this matter has been formally resolved. Thanks to all. Good day.

Sent via Cyberspace
    B. Diddy likes this.