insuficient storage error

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
A couple of month ago I bought myself a Samsung galaxy pocket plus 5301L and now all of a sudden when I try to download or update an app it says insuficient storage and I have over 750mb of space left yet. I've tried many things like clearing cache and uninstalling updates, I've also deleted lots of things already and nothing works. I have this app called app2sd (it just doesn't work) and that app shows that some apps are installed on ROM and others on phone, and it seems like only those apps that are installed on ROM always get that "insuficient storage error" and the ones that are on phone I can update just fine. Could anyone help with this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where exactly is that 750 MB of free space? It's important to know how your storage is partitioned, because older phones often have a smaller partiition dedicated to app installation (which might be anywhere from 1 to 3 GB), and another partition used for data storage. The important free space is in the app installation partition--if that's getting low, then you'll get warnings.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I looked at the guide and the only thing I hadn't tried was deleting all text messages but that didn't work either, and my phone has the storage the "unified storage" way so there are no storage partitions I can't move any apps to internal storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you say that some apps are stored in the phone and others in the ROM, I'm guessing that there is still a partition between App Storage and "Internal SD" (which would be the ROM part that you're talking about). Unless those apps are actually partially on an external SD, but that wouldn't be referred to as ROM. Can you post screenshots of your Settings>Storage​ menu?

According to the specs, your phone has 4 GB of total ROM, of which 2-3 GB is likely taken up by the OS and bloatware. So you're only going to have about 1 GB to install apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you on the website or using the app?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to save whatever screenshot you take to your computer. The easiest way would be for you to take the screenshot on your phone, upload it to Google Drive, then download it from Google Drive to your computer.

Then, when creating a post, click on the image icon, which is in lower row of all of those editing controls. It looks like a little thumbnail of a tree, right next to the globe icons. That will ask you which image you'd like to attach.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry that it took so long for me to reply but I couldn't get on the website anymore, when it was almost done loading it just closed. I found a solution which worked for me, I just did a factory reset and now it works fine, I can download and update all apps.

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that it took so long for me to reply but I couldn't get on the website anymore, when it was almost done loading it just closed. I found a solution which worked for me, I just did a factory reset and now it works fine, I can download and update all apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the update :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci