AC app for iOS

nibras23

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
There's an iMore app for Android, but no AC app for iOS? Come on guys, I want to be able to read AC on my iPad.
Let's gooo

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow apps about Android in the App Store.

Google allows apps about any platform in its Play Store.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that there has been an app ready for a couple years but someone is refusing to approve it.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it's Apple's Store, so it can choose to offer whatever apps it wants to approve.

But surely it is censorship? They surely have no right to deny apps on the app store (great name... /s) because it is a competing platform? Why is nobody bringing this to an antitrust court or something?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, I personally don't know the grounds for denial or if they even have to provide grounds. It could be as simple as they want a different design or they found a bug or they just don't want it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
But surely it is censorship? They surely have no right to deny apps on the app store (great name... /s) because it is a competing platform? Why is nobody bringing this to an antitrust court or something?

Any store may do that though. If someone owns a store that sells magazines and chooses not to sell Penthouse, that is the store owner's prerogative.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2