[Closed] Nexus 7-a-day giveaway - Dec. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetmac

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My current android phone is the Galaxy SII AT&T rooted running AOKP Tasker650 4.1.2 Jellybean. Iove this phone very robust and solid. :cool:
Galaxy-S2-SGH-i777-Jelly-Bean-CM10.jpg

Last edited:

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
The last Android device I purchased was a HTC Evo Design 4G. It was nice and compact for my needs at the time but the battery could have been better! ;-P

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My most recent Android purchase has been the Nexus 4. I was pretty much fed up with my G2x and was even in the "LG never again" camp. My original plan was to get the Galaxy Nexus since it was an affordable, off contract phone and I still had a year with T-Mobile.

The goal was to get it around December, then Google went ahead and announced the Nexus 4 by LG for the same price that the Galaxy Nexus was selling for. I decided to give LG a chance (and, to be honest, they only steered me wrong once; this is now my fourth LG Android phone, and my sixth LG phone), plus I wanted my first Nexus device.

I ordered my phone on November 13th and was able to get my order in within 15 minutes of them going live at around 8:30 PST that morning. Then the waiting game happened and I ended up getting a lovely email saying that my phone was back ordered. Rather than wait it out, I decided to err on the side of patience and I canceled my order, but then regretted it just an hour after.

Fast forward to November 27 and I went to try my luck again. This time it took over five hours of trial and error to get my order in for the two to three weeks window. Now it was part two of the waiting game. I became even more impatient when I started to hear stories of people who ordered days after start to get shipment notifications, but there was nothing I could do but continue to wait.

In the meantime, I started researching what case I wanted to get as a temporary for the sold out bumper. Fast forward to December 11, the bumper is back in stock. Using my slow G2x, I go online to place an order since I was still at work which turned out to be a good idea since its stock didn't last too long.
The morning after, I noticed an email from Google and I got excited thinking that my phone FINALLY shipped. No, it was the bumper. I wasn't surprised. I figured I'd have a case before the phone and I was okay with that since I wanted to make sure my phone was protected, but I was still upset that I still hadn't received notification for my phone.

Fortune was on my side, however, and just a few hours after that initial email (six, to be exact), I received another shipment notification email from Google, this time for my much anticipated Nexus 4. With excitement, round 3 of the waiting game began with even less patience.

True to their word, both shipments were delivered in two days and I got both my bumper and my phone the following Thursday. I was at my second job working my second shift for the day, though, so I had to be at work until ten that night knowing that my phone was just waiting for me to unbox it.

When I finally got home, I opened the box and marveled at the beauty of my newest phone and my one Christmas gift to myself, then let the phone charge fully. Turned it on, unlocked the bootloader, then spent the rest of the night laying on my couch playing with and setting up the phone.

I have been nothing short of impressed since even a week after. If anyone has owned the G2x, then they know that, despite the good hardware specs, it really is a horrible phone. The Nexus 4 is such a huge improvement, it's unbelievable. The feeling of owning this phone is just like when I used an Android phone for the first time (and I was anti smartphone before I bought the LG Optimus M on Metro PCS). It just amazes me.

I sure would love a Nexus 7 to complement my new Nexus 4. It could be my first non-LG Android device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

kjhalstead

May 23, 2011
Visit site
A post fire-sale HP Touchpad from a friend that I loaded up some CyanogenMod goodness on. Still a little buggy, so a Nexus 7 would be a great replacement.

im_electronic

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded form a Nexus S 4G to a Galaxy Nexus and added my wife to the plan, she got a Photon Q LTE, and an Otterbox for her phone, which has saved the phone form about 6 drops in the last three months.

buzzard

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The last Android device I purchased was my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 7. She loves using it for reading e-books and the bible. I really want this Nexus 7!

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I last purchased a used VZW Galaxy Nexus back in august so that I can keep my unlimited data plan. Replaced my still working DINC which my daughter uses now for games, music and videos.

jennyteo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My last Android device purchase was the brilliant HTC One X. It's an amazing phone, and I cannot get enough of it. Short of bringing it to bed, the phone never leaves my side during my waking hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20