[Closed] 'Spring into TEGRA' Contest: Win a Tegra-powered HTC One X+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1CH0LA5

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
As you can see, I'm rocking the iPhone 3GS. been replaced 6 times and I've only had it for a year. :confused:
yxuVZTc.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
267833_10151316843498435_2110946618_n.jpg
BIG HTC guy. G1 to the Hero to the EVO3d, I have a Tegra chip in my HP laptop also. so i know and support there work. It's really hard for me to check the site with my phone like this because the chips kind of nick my fingers. I couldnt even keep up with the live blog of the HTC One after a while because i was getting down. Student loans kickin my ass so i cant currently afford to get a new phone. STUCK IN MY CONTRACCCCTTTT noooo. this phone would knock out a few issues for me. Thanks guys an gals

mohnja

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
IMG_20130221_200701.jpg

PROS:
- User replaceable battery (access with coin, iFixit rating 10/10)
- Amazing battery life (13 months and running, although your mileage will depend on your personal phone usage habits)
- Easy to find buttons (different shapes for better night-time dialing)
- clear sound on FRONT facing speakers
- 2 piece solid moulded plastic construction feels sturdy and unbreakable, whilst remaining light and comfortable for one-handed use.
- no lag on user input.
- mirror, come on... does any other phone have a built-in mirror?

CONS:
- No LTE
- No update path to JB, still waiting on Gingerbread.
- Power button switch is too easily accidentally activated, leading to embarrassing airline security moments.
- No expandable SD slot.
- incomplete number pad. 1-4 just really doesn't cut it for a smart phone these days, perhaps some of the manufacturer logos should have been devoted to extra numbers.

In short, I NEED a new smartphone... anything will do, but the HTC One X+ looks like to be a small step up.

Stychill

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
OneX+ Contsest.jpg

just an average person wishing for an above average phone

if i were to win a oneX+ of the 64GB variety that day would truly be a great one, Good luck to everyone with their tired & battered phones.

I'm currently struggling with my storm 2 9550, a very frustrating device...and that was before the screen became faulty...

if i win this would be my first android device, though i ready this and other sites regularly i've never owned one. here's to hoping this contest will change that. i'm no :-$

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Need an android phone badly.. i currently own the HTC Radar, but its windows phone and its worlds apart from what android has to offer. plus the HTC One X+ is sweet. The soft touch at the back, the incredible camera, the awesome screen and hardware. Oh its just too good. Love HTC <3 they always make awesome pieces of hardware :)

Attachments

• WP_000792.jpg
    WP_000792.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 20

Calot

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, hello, friends:

I would really love a new One X+. Why? You may ask.. Well... My iPhone 4S is very small, it is antiquated, it has no widgets, the screen is SO 2010, and I basically suffer by looking at it. With a new One X+ all those problems would go away. I would become one of you. And I would be extremely happy.

Thanks

Cheers

Calot

Attachments

• Photo on 2-21-13 at 2.36 PM.jpg
    Photo on 2-21-13 at 2.36 PM.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 20

Fabian Hcko

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi my name is Fabian Hock, im 24 years old and engineering student.
I havnt got a lot of money, so im not able to afford a new smartphone, which wouldnt be a big deal normally BUT my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S had a little accident last Friday.
My Galaxy S fell into the toilet and doesnt start anymore and there seems to be no chance to repair it.

Now I am a phoneless person.

Now that it is gone, i realize how important and life improving a smartphone is in my life.

A smartphone isnt just a technical gadget, it is much, much more.

It is something you have right by your side every day.

It is the one thing that you take with, you when you leave your house.

It is the one thing that is more important than the remote control in your hand when you sit on your couch.

It is the possibility to talk to your friends whenever you need a friend, whenever you feel alone or are tired.

It is the one thing that lets you stay connected to your mom or dad when one of them is sick and you are really worried about them.

It is the one thing ,that lets you take pictures everywhere and every time ,so that you will never have to forget these important moments in life, because you will always remember
them with just one look at the picture.

It is the one thing that gives the possibility to listen to all of your favorite music.

It is the one thing that reminds you whenever you forgot a really important meeting that could change your life.

It is the one thing that helps you to find to your job interview in time so that you can have the chance to get the job of your life.

It is the one thing that improves your life and makes it much easier to live and much more.

The HTC ONE X + would give me the chance to improve my life again.
That?s the reason why I need the HTC ONE X +.

Attachments

• 2013-02-21 21.12.19.jpg
    2013-02-21 21.12.19.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 2013-02-21 21.11.24.jpg
    2013-02-21 21.11.24.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2013-02-21 21.10.56.jpg
    2013-02-21 21.10.56.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 20

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well...perfect timing, because ol' faithful finally gave up the ghost.

She was good to me. But just the other day the battery stopped holding a charge. Strangest thing. Probably wouldn't have happened if it was an HTC.

HTC FTW!

2a9u4e9u.jpg

ffastffrank

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
HTC EVO 4G Fails in College Demos

Hi

This almost 3 year old 2.3.5 Gingerbread device is used to teach the phone portion of Adult Community Ed classes on Android SmartPhones at South Florida State College in Sebring/Avon Park area of Central Florida. The phone says Sprint 4G, but it has never lived in an area with 4G. I can only imagine how nice 4G would be when trying to demo a YouTube video without hesitation. Even 3G DSL and thus WiFi, plugs up when the seniors invade the area and increase the population 2 or 3 fold. Tried a Note 10.1 YouTube video at a recent workshop and had to abandon as the college is also on DSL. The 4.3" screen was state of the art when it was introduced in May of 2010. My 60, 70 and yes, 80 year old grandpas and grandmas have Galazy Nexus', S3's, Note 2's and DNA's which way outshine the professor's antique device. Also shown is a new brochure announcing the next round of Android and Apple (my iPhone is a 3Gs with no Siri, do you want a photo?) workshops in late March. If your readers have Snowbird grandparents, let them know about the classes on March 26th and 28th.

In addition, there is a Smartphone Club in our 1200 home Tanglewood 55+ Village with 165 members on the email list with monthly attendance of 50 to 60 seniors. Retirement for me has been spent developing PowerPoint presentations on a continuing basis with a new Wireless Digital Photography workshop scheduled for early April. In spite of the old equipment, classes are well received.

So now the good news. As Phil knows, 4G LTE for Verizon and Sprint has just started to arrive in the Sebring area, so I am finally ready for a new device.

Best Regards, Frank (Sebring, Florida and Fenton, Michigan's "ElderTechTutor")

Remember, Obsolete Equipment Obsoletes the Mind

Attachments

• HTC EVO 4G.jpg
    HTC EVO 4G.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

robstyle

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
1361488173848.jpg

I am an IT student from germany.
In December my HTC Desire HD broke just one day after my warranty expired, so now I am sitting here with my father's old Blackberry Storm 2 which is partly broken. Its Browser can't even manage to properly display AndroidCentral :(
Plus, as a music lover, it hurts me most that this Storm 2's headphone jack is broken so I cannot listen to my music :(
Even my jeans get damaged from that phone as it's too big (in height).

Also, I used my DHD for learning mobile app development, as I plan to make it my studies' final project, so I need something new to present it on...

I used my poor Photoshop skills to make you a 5-megapixels-story-of-my-life.
Please help me :D

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Atrix

IMG_20130221_122231.jpg

Had it for as long as you could, and while I love my phone, Motorola decided to screw us out of the ICS update. I am a poweruser of all things Android. I have, can, and will flash anything that looks remotely interesting from the development community, regardless of how raw is the Alpha/Nightly/Leak, but I feel as though the Atrix has, for the time being, reached it's limit. The dev community is hard at work trying to unlock all that hidden potential, but I would sure love another great toy to further fuel my gadget tinkering addiction.

If you guys decide to reward me with this phone, you can be assured that I will use it to it's fullest potential available. I will test, as I already do for the Atrix and Nexus 7, the very latest development efforts for all the talented people out there working in the development community.

drewsumboy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is me and my Nokia N78-Too-Ancient-To-Function. As you can see, I have scotch tape and also masking tape on so that the back cover wont flip open while am talking to avoid the battery falling off. I've always been looking at the HTC One series and what better way to begin my experience using a smart phone by getting a HTC! I need Android!:D

Attachments

• picture002.jpg
    picture002.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 18

iconicdave

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
LG Rumor Reflex

I bought this phone about 4 months ago. I've left it at atleast 6 places and lucky me this phone is so horrendous that no one would dare steal it. This phone is so bad that I can't even find any ringtones or games to play on it. I get embarrassed when I get calls cause of the stock ringtones. A new phone would make my day and probably even make my year. please pick me.

Attachments

• 20130221_190549-713259817.jpg
    20130221_190549-713259817.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 196

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG Rumor Reflex

I see a lot of good potential winners here. But not me. My 6-month old Galaxy S3 is going great. Hope to use it as my daily driver for a long time.

pepperonijack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus S, front and back. To be honest, it's not that tired or worn out. It's still a pretty good phone. But it's getting old and a bit slow. So clearly, I absolutely NEED a new HTC One X+!

Attachments

• lZC7UDU.jpg
    lZC7UDU.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2