Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
When: Tuesday, May 14. 7:30 PM
Where: Terra Gallery, 511 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA
What: Lookout's annual Google I/O kickoff party. Drinks will start flowing at 7:30 pm at Terra Gallery in San Francisco and we'll have tasty food and awesome entertainment. Free giveaways for the first 200 who show up at the door (arrive early: we had a line around the block last year!). *Please not that this event is 21 and over.
How: Take a minute to tell everyone what has you most excited for Google I/O this year. We'll read through them all and pick 10 winners.

You'll need to be able to actually be in San Francisco on Tuesday, May 14 -- so please, don't enter if you can't or won't. Let people who can use them win, and karma will catch you next time

This contest is open to adults (over 21) only, there's gonna be booze. You have been warned.

We're going to run this one until 11:59 PM (ET) Sunday, May 5. The winners will get an email with details about how to register with Lookout. This means you'll have to have registered here at Android Central with a real email address, one that you check

Good luck!

Last edited:

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully some insight on what's in the next version of Android....hoping the rumors of postponed Android 5.0 are wrong :-(

garmiblis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
My biggest hope is to see how we're going to utilize these new NVidia processors comming out. That 5/4 setup they were talking about sounded awesome, but is the software ready to use it effectively?

I live 4 blocks from Union Square in San Francisco. Won't be able to attend actual I/O due to work.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to learning about some of the advanced capabilities I can program into my current and future Android apps. I'm also hoping they allow me to buy Google Glass. Also, the opportunity to have classes taught by Android experts from Google. And finally, the networking opportunities with other Lloyd... I mean Android lovers, including other Android Central faithful.

Sent from my Nexus 4

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My friend and I bought tickets and hotel room before the tickets came out. Even though we didn't get in, we are still going to San Francisco for the trip. I would love to be able to go to this. I think we were both super excited to see any updates for android or the developer community

Warrenisit

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What is most exciting about Google I/O events?!?!? Definitely being able to hang around and talk with other Android enthusiasts is the best part of any Google/Android/App party! At no other time am I able to talk in detail about such things. Also awesome about this year's Google I/O is the code labs! How awesome would it be to be in a room full of experts teaching you about Android code? For me, that'd be incredible! I live 40 minutes away in Fairfield, CA and would love to attend Lookout's party!

barko12

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I was looking forward to the Google X phone, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I am really excited to see Glass and what they've been able to come up with over the past year. As an educator, I am also anticipating something in terms of Chrome or Apps for Education, and the use of Hangouts and Communities in the classroom.

FordTaunus

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought my ticket to San Francisco before I got no ticket to I/O (and I'm still mad at Google Wallet). This could help make my trip worthwhile. I'll be there for the week and am still looking forward to all the stuff that will be presented, even if I'll only see it second hand.

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The pure essence of Android, and what has become of Android over the years especially with Matias Duarte is electrifying. The future is very strong with Android and I would love to be able to experience it first hand, especially with a few of my favorite bloggers from Android Central and the rest of Mobile Nations.

V3T_TOO

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I was looking forward to the new Motorola X and KLP announcements, but it seems those might not happen this time around. Besides that, Glass seems to be something I might be willing to invest in once I see more about it. Maybe a new Nexus announcement?

dankestmango

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the Babble rumors, and seeing if Google will integrate all of it's services (Android, Glass, Now, Web) together into a more tight-knit family. Also, geeking out with everyone!

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be there and I cannot wait to see Glass! I want to put it on my face. Also wouldn't mind seeing the mysterious X phone.

I'd love to finally meet the AC crew in person, but there's always CTIA I guess.

jryanj83

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be out there for my 2nd I/O starting the 13th. This something I would love to go to!

Hopefully I will get my actual invite for Glass before I get out there. I registered last year at I/O but still haven't gotten my official "come and get it" email. Last I got was the email saying they were "shipping" soon...

mzambrana

Feb 5, 2011
marcelozambranav.blogspot.com
My friend and I will be attending Google IO this year and we are going all the way from Bolivia!!!! most likely the only 2 Bolivians there :)
we are really looking forward to meeting great people, learn a lot and if I get lucky, a picture next to Sergey Brin :)

kgill7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Key Lime Pie is what i'm excited for can't wait to see what Google comes up with. I didn't get a ticket to Google I/O, but i live 25 minutes away from San Francisco :)

sarriola

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Excited about the possibilities for the Chromebook Pixel, maybe they'll offer a Developer Edition of the Chromebook Pixel like the HTC One Developer Unlocked and
Samsung S3 Unlocked Developer phones? It really doesn't make sense to have it as a consumer device. Why not add two more personalities to it and have it run Linux
(with Eclipse, etc) and pure Android, along with ChromeOS. Imagine a log on screen with user login profiles beside a pull down menu for the OS to boot into - ChromeOS,
Android, and Linux (Ubuntu). An android developer wouldn't have to use the slow ADK android emulator, they could just reboot or log out of Linux and boot into Android mode.
The ultimate would be to build the Chromebook so it is also hackintosable, so you can easily put MacOS on it as a fourth OS personality and
run applications like Ableton Live and Final Cut Pro X that just aren't ported to Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta