Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Re: Win 1 of 10 tickets to Lookout's annual Google I/O kickoff party

Honestly, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to at Google I/O, is the I credible experience of one of my dreams coming true. I moved to California's with the dream of being able to attend a tech conference. And I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity of going to one. Being there, witnessing it first hand, and learning to be a better developer is what I look forward to most.

Lets party

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Android is certainly on my list, but I'm equally looking forward to seeing what is to come of Babel and of course Glass.

This sounds awesome! Would love to go (I work right around the corner)

Beyond my usual excitement for the keynote, I'm looking forward to some really good sessions: Google Cloud Messaging, Android Design for UI Developers, and Practical Android Games Development. No doubt I'll enhance my dev skills much faster than with WWDC...or MS Build...or MS Teched zzzzzzz...... Certainly will be more fun too, especially with some Lookout tickets!

This will be a cool event.....

Excited to find out what's new with Android Key Lime and hopefully get to try out the Google Glass

Good luck guys! I wish i was eligible but there is no way i can be in San Fran in 2 weeks. JEALOUS!!

I truly hope for a high-spec mid-size phone with long battery life and durability like what Larry Page hinted at. Also, the next version of Android is always a big deal.

I'm most excited for them to announce the new Nexus tablets, so the old ones can go on sale. This college student budget is no joke

I'm excited about even having an opportunity to go. It would be awesome!

I'm particularly excited for the next iteration of android running on the N10's refreshed younger brother. Maybe this one will have less bugs and screen pixel problems...I hope...

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly V3.5

I can't wait to see what the next version of android will look like and what the next nexus smartphone will be. I'm looking upgrade from the galaxy nexus this year and i'm hoping this xphone will somehow be on verizon. "Fingers Crossed."

(1) I'm not going to lie: I'm definitely looking forward to the giveaways this year. In a perfect world, that would be the Chromebook Pixel, Google Glass, Nexus 5, the Nexus tablet, Google Watch, and a Google TV. But, alas, this isn't a perfect world. Still, I'll be happy with whatever I get.

(2) I'm looking forward to the Keynote for some confirmation of all the rumors that have been circulating: Babel, Android 4.3, and whatever crazy stuff they've been keeping under the covers.

(3) I'm hoping for a cool stunt like last year when they announced Glass.

ROM
    Stock

Ingress + Glass!!! Wouldn't the two of them just fit like a glove?

[And hmm...what would a Google Glove do?]

Edit:
    Okay, I guess I should clarify. It's already pretty much given that Glass will get a fair amount of coverage at I/O this year. We also know now that Ingress will get some extra attention (two I/O-exclusive Ingress minigames, an I/O session about the design vision behind Ingress, and a big Ingress event (anomaly?) in San Francisco during I/O). So, no one has said anything explicit or even hinted that Ingress will come to Glass, but if it does happen, it wouldn't be completely out of the blue. I'm crossing my fingers.
    Last edited by SamOled; 05-05-2013 at 06:27 PM.

This will be cool event, would like to learn more about the new release...

I'm most excited about Android's newest update(4.3 or KLP) and the possibility of a new Nexus 4 model with more storage/LTE. To be completely honest though, I'm excited about the whole event! Google I/O is always awesome even when I'm watching at home!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I'm most excited about Android's newest update(4.3 or KLP) and the possibility of a new Nexus 4 model with more storage/LTE. To be completely honest though, I'm excited about the whole event! Google I/O is always awesome even when I'm watching at home!

It's not klp, it's just another update to jb.
    I can't wait for the nexus 5 either, it sounds pretty awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    It's not klp, it's just another update to jb.
    I can't wait for the nexus 5 either, it sounds pretty awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    We don't know for sure! And that's why I put 4.3 or KLP!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I live and work in San Francisco but once again I failed to survive the Google I/O registration scrum. So I have to resort to trying to crash I/O parties again this year. Help me out with an actual invite to Lookout's party.

Hoping to see more of Glass and the next version of Android!

Hoping to meet some of the influential people in the Android ecosystem, learn some new development tips and tricks, get an exclusive look at some upcoming hardware and software, and hang out with people as enthusiastic about Android as I am.

I'm most excited about...

- More power to Android apps: I'm interested in applications becoming smarter and becoming more pre-emptive, so they can fulfil your needs before you even ask. Google Now is the obvious example of this trend - I wonder if Google will allow third-parties to integrate with it? We recently built a prototype application to explore intelligent, pre-emptive background downloading of articles based on the interests that we've inferred from users' data. Anything that provides new possibilities in this kind of area would be exciting...

- Google Glass: the first in a new wave of reduced-friction, mostly hands-free smart mobile devices for consumers. The first one will no doubt let down some people who are hoping for the Earth, plus the moon on a stick, but it's definitely exciting as a little window (also literally!) into the future.

- The Web continuing its steady march to becoming a high-end application and gaming platform. Examples like the recent Epic Citadel (for Firefox) show how the Web could soon be a viable alternative for console-like gaming. I'm especially interested in technologies that can help to make beautiful, rich mobile web applications, such as WebGL, CSS3D, Canvas and Device APIs.

- Smart watches?: probably an outside bet, but it would be also exciting if Google take a bold step and unveil a compelling smart watch device.

- Lastly, I'm excited about the goody bag ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12