Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

my favorite announcement was Google Glass. The live demo with Brian skydiving was exhilarating.

Google Glass was cool, though now I think the cool has now faded quite a bit. Too bad there don't seem to be many use cases as of yet.

I would have to say when and how they introduced Google Glass. Bringing it from the plane, skydiving then the Bike ride and repelling into Google IO. That was pretty sweet and one I don't think will be topped for a while.

It's a tough decision between Google Glass and Google Play Services: the Google Glass announcement was definitely exciting and awesome; but I started learning more about creating apps and developing on Android using Google Play Services.

My favorite announcement was Google Glass!

My favorite was 2011, when they announced all the features in iOS 8.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Best thing for me was the Android Studio announcement. We were planning on supporting some extra features that required separate builds. I was having nightmares on just how I'd go about doing this in Ant & Eclipse. Now with Gradle & Android Studio I have a total of 48 build flavours. 6 are production builds and the rest enable various debug options. Best thing both in terms of getting me excited during the announcement and looking back.

honestly, the best thing IMO that was announced was the Nexus Q. I think it was launched before it's time like so much tech seems to be. It was amazing, you could possibly use one single nexus Q to convert your whole home into a smarthome.

Would have to go with Google Play Services and how it's gone a long way to addressing fragmentation issue.

My favorite announcement from a previous Google I/O was Google Glass and the skydiving demo. No announcement from Apple can top this.

It was easily Sergey Brin's annoucement of Google Glass coupled with that epic LIVE skydiving. Seeing that LIVE even online was pretty awesome. The developer stuff is great, but that event really defined the culture that Google exhibits.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

My favorite was Google Glass

A couple of IOs ago, demoing Google Glass while Skydiving, the BMX stunts, etc. That whole sequence was incredible! Cannot be topped IMO...

My favorite was the official launch of android at Google IO 2008

Nexus Q. Shows you that Google can make big mistakes, and haven't yet fully understood the customer.

Last year's announcement of Google Play Music was it for me. Nothing still comes close in the market. To be able to have all your music in the cloud backed up for free and also be able to play any song you want for 9.99 a month is just incredible. Perfect service.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

2012 Nexus 7. I bought it then and still have not put it down.

Devices - Google Glass
    Android dev - Studio and gradle
    Libraries - Volley
    Play store - in app purchase and comments

really guys, choose one?

Android Studio was awesome. I love the JetBrains IDEs and getting official, longterm support from Google for IntelliJ Android Studio (not to mention added weight in my arguments to convince people not to use Eclipse) was fantastic!

Carrier
    Stock

My favorite announcement was... The Nexus Q

As great as the Glass announcement was a couple of years back, the thing that still sticks out at me is the Nexus Q announcement. Even though that product failed to launch, it showed us the possibilities of NFC. Now, when I look for audio/video systems, I look for devices that support NFC.

I would say play music all access. probably what i use the most.
    PS, if i win, is the student discount available for this i/o invite?

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

I really liked the Nexus Q announcement. I wish they had continued that guy rather than killing it off.

By far my fav announcement was the Nexus 7 2012 and Auto Awesome feature.

My favorite I/O announcement was @ Google I/O 2012 when they introduced Google Glass by jumping out of a blimp landing on the roof and passing the message to the BMX bikers. I also enjoyed the Android App sessions as well as the ones where they showcased using CSS3 and Adobe filters. It was amazing to see an image being manipulated in the browser using an inspector. Seeing Mishko the creator of the Angular framework explain how this came into existence was pretty cool. I would love to attend this years conference to see what new/emerging technologies will come out of it. PLEASE PICK ME
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast