[Open] Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaway Labs

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One of my favorite announcements was when they the original Samsung Galaxy Tab Google edition. This was back in Google I/O 2011 and it was the first hardware running the newly announced Android 3.0 HoneyComb, and first ever version of the platform running on a tablet, so it was a pretty big deal. There are many other memorable moments from the past I/Os but this one was one of my favorite ones that I can remember.

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say the preview of ICS in 2011, which was such a big step up for Android and really cool to see them move on from the dated Gingerbread to the future of Android.

The announcement of the GPE phones with the S4 last year was pretty damn big and relatively unexpected as well. Even if the phones themselves aren't that big of a deal, what it has done for Android as a whole as well as for the manufacturers is important.

VJ Nano

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Nexus Q was by far the most interesting announcement out of a Google IO because nobody really knew what the capabilities of the device where, it was a totally unique design for a product and straight away we started dreaming of what we could do with it. In the end, the actual product did not really work out but I think building that hype and magic is what it is all about.

Ever since that day I have wanted to go to Google IO, I have tried to get in for the last two years and did not get invited so I am crossing my fingers this is another chance.

Thanks!

Christopher Chua

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
There were a lot of great announcements last year's Google I/O. But three things stood out to me.
First it was the great improvements they did in Google Play Game Services. Specifically that it is
cross-platform with cloud saving, achievements and multiplayer. As soon as I heard that Google released the new Google Play Music with the option of a subscription service at $9.99/mo (discounted at the time at $7.99) and a 30 day trial, I signed up! I think this was a great deal and forces other similar services to compete and improve their own services. Another API and service I was excited about (even though most ppl did not care for it) was the changes they made for Google Cloud Messaging. It supported persistent connections, upstream messaging, and notification sync. I hope this year is as big and as awesome as last year's Google I/O. Oh yeah and there was that Glass announcement...

Glenn Engel

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
It is really hard to argue that Google Glass wasn't the most impressive announcement. Wow! I also liked Google TV since it led to the possibility of a more connected home but alas, that hasn't happened as fast as I'd like. A big thanks to Android Central for passing out invites!

Santxo

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My favorite of last year was Android Studio, I remember I downloaded it as soon as it was available!
From earlier, ICS was huge, and I also loved last year's Google Maps announcements...

thenomad

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My favorite is hard to say, there were so many. Glass is high on my list but so was chrome's ability to share sessions across devices. The IO devkits exposed some very interesting possibilities too. I think I'll stop there.

Krynn

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Favorite announcement was Google Glass. It's not just a very interesting concept, they announced it with style.

Caveman419

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say something as simple as the Chromecast was my favorite from last year. It is a product that I now own 6 of and use on a daily basis. I loved the new Nexus 7 and Google Glass but they have not had as much of an impact on my life as the Chromecast has.

Status
Not open for further replies.