Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Win an NVIDIA Shield in our Father's Day Contest!

Because I am awesome, AndroidCentral is awesome and NVIDIA is awesome!

This would be a nice gift for my techie dad, please pick me.

Because my kids killed my Xbox 360, and just killed our Wii yesterday..so we now have NO gaming system at all....

Because my kids always steal my tablet!

I'm a father, I like nvidia, have multiple cards in multiple PCs would be nice to win a shield.

Would be great to have and I promise to let the kids play with it also wink wink

Because I just moved into my first home and I'm getting married soon. We don't have cable TV or enough money for a good gaming rig, so it gets very boring here. Also, I just started taking the train to work, which usually means long stretches of downtime that could be filled with an Nvidia Shield.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Balancing two jobs, a marriage and a 18 month old is pretty tough. My old school n64 just isn't cutting it and this would allow me to have a break while the baby sleeps. Thank you for running this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post

If you're reading this, it means you want to enter our NVIDIA Shield Father's Day Contest. By now you've already left a comment on our contest post (good!), but now comes the fun part. Leave a reply in this thread telling us WHY you should win the NVIDIA Shield!

Have fun, get creative, and blow us away with your reasoning.

Remember, the contest closes on June 15th at 11:59 PM EDT, and is open to U.S. Residents ONLY. Enter only ONCE... if you post twice in this thread by mistake, report the post or contact one of our moderators explaining your error.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I'd like to win one and use it a replacement for a tablet. Plus, it looks strong enough for my 10 month to crew on it to keep him occupied.

I "should" win the NVIDIA Shield because I've been interested in it ever since its launch but have not had the money to get it. I love how Portal and Half-Life 2 are now available on it. Additionally, I love Android Central! I visit everyday.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.6.36.4 Tiamat

Because both myself and my dad are Nvidia fans. He's been wanting a shield for a while now. Would make his father's day awesome if I won him one.

I should win because I just bought my 65 year old father his first Android phone and he's obsessed with playing games on it!

I could really use something for quiet time - (when 3 year old is asleep!!)

I should win because I want to play portal and half life 2 on the go.

Because I built my gaming rig with Shield in mind, but ran out of money before I could get a Shield. Been wanting one since I saw TotalBiscuit demo one at a release party.

Because KIDS. They get all my love, lots of my time, and MOST of my money! Happily, I might add. I have an XBox 360 and the single game I buy for myself each year is the latest Call of Duty. I have some buddies that all play together ONE night a week for just a couple of hours...and sadly even this tradition will come to an end thanks to people moving on to the XBox One without me. My daughter is 5, son is 8. He is a budding gamer, I just know it.. Loves playing Minecraft on his Nook (technically an Android tablet!), has a few games on the old XBox.... But this ... this would be for ME. And the mobility is the best thing because I wouldn't have to tie up the TV during Disney Channel time, etc. God forbid...but I digress. Also, I'm sure my son will end up playing on this some too, one day. So you see, its not ALL about me (well, mostly)...you would also help indoctrinate a future gen of Android gamer.....

Thanks!
    Dustin

To be honest, this would help with the leg surgery I just had yesterday and the work I'm now unable to perform.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

As a nVidia shareholder since they went public and past buyer of TNT, TNT2, GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3 Ti 200, GeForce 4, GeForce 5700, GeForce 6600, GeForce 7800 and 7900 (SLI), GeForce 8800 GTS and GT (SLI), GTX 460 (SLI), GTX 670, and GTX 770 video cards, it's about time they gave me something back!

Whenever I want to make myself cry, I tally up what I've spend in video cards over the ages, especially when I realize that pretty much anything older than a couple of years is only good if you have an open window nearby and some loose papers on the desk.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

I really want to try Portal! Never played it before.

I would like to win this for my dad he is 49 years old and is a hard core gamer and a tech geek. He would love to have this and I would love to be the one to win it for him so pick me please

Because my dad love coffee~

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I should win because... I'm a dad with a dad who needs to catch up on gaming. And if he won't catch up, maybe I can get him Pac-Man or something retro that he'll enjoy still!

Or if I'm lucky and my evil plan works he'll regift it to me! Mwuhahahahahahahaa!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I grew up with video games. We had an Atari 2600 as kids and I have owned just about every major console since then (except for a few that were popular while I was in the military).

Most of my gaming in the last few years has been limited as a result of all the work that goes into being Dad! (career, taking kids to practice, traveling,etc). I think this awesome handheld is just the right thing to get me back into the swing of things.

Maybe, with a little practice, I can get my skills high enough to be competitive against my 16 yr old son in a few games! (He isn't impressed with my Starcraft abilities, unfortunately)

Because if I don't win this, I won't get anything for Father's day

Posted via Android Central App
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast