[Closed] Win one of five VR for G3 visors —*and a phone to go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdonald136

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I am a student working on my bachelors in software engineering and the concept of virtual reality is amazing and my ambition to develop applications and games for VR is above and beyond. This seems to be were the world is heading and i want to also come up with some other innovative ideas that VR could be used for i have many ideas which people say are amazing.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
This VR thing has grows on me. I like the idea of escaping reality after working in a prison all day where I can not have access to my device. It would be a nice way to unwind and have some fun.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
Been toying with Cardboard for a few weeks now, but nothing fits my note 4. Have been working on a new design, but would LOVE to check this out! Thanks for another great contest, AC! Good luck, everyone!

cacoon

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Owning a smart phone is awesome because you are able to keep in touch with friends all over the world. Now, add VR to it and you get the perfect combination to make life more exciting for everyone. LG definitely brings the smartphone to a whole new level with the G3 visors. I'm excited about this new product for many reasons and just to put in simple words this combination brings total excitement to the whole world regardless of age. I think of the endless possibilities; besides taking the gaming world to the next level, it enhances the learning experiences for students. It will help them to learn quicker and in a more fun way. Playing operation using VR will be very cool. Being able to explore any part of the world and beyond by visiting other planets without even leaving your living room will be the coolest thing ever. Taking virtual tours of places before visiting them will help make decisions weather to take the trip. For all these reasons I believe that VR is here to give us a new perspective on how the future is going to look like, and for sure it is going to be really cool ...

chey_23

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
can you imagine the gaming with this? its gonna be as if the game is inside of your brain. being able to feel as if your inside the game itself. woah. or watching a movie with this and having your own theater. or being able to travel the world virtually. i'll be able to see all of the places i may never get to see. i could experience ireland or rome or france. i doubt i'll ever get to see them in person and that would be great to get to see them virtually. like of course i could look that stuff up and see pictures but this would a world anew. being able to learn a new culture or language in a new perspective. this thing is gonna be epic. hope i get one. fingers crossed!

sdc111

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd consider the ability to combat motion sickness with higher resolution and quicker response times of improving phones to be excellent. Also, developing games that actually benefit from VR or AR instead of just porting random popular titles and hoping for the best. Bring 'em on!

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
VR would be great to explore places around the world that i otherwise would never have a chance to see in person

Posted via the Android Central App

big_Drew

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
We've been hearing about consumer VR for at least 20 years (I remember the Virtual Boy too), but it still hasn't quite made it to fruition. It seems like we're getting close with the advancement in mobile hardware that's carrying over to VR headsets, but I think smartphones might still be part of the solution. Just as inexpensive Android and WP phones have been bringing smartphones to less developed areas of the world, smartphones themselves are reduce the cost of entry into VR technology by utilizing hardware people already have. I'll admit that I chuckled at Google Cardboard until I tried it, but now I think we just need a little more refinement and a lot of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress