1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question for Android Users

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and have a question. I am currently using a different OS and considering a switch to the EVO 4G. I know this is an Android site, but I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback on how good or bad Android is. Several places I have looked at people talk bad about it. So if anyone is willing to give me an honest review of the Android OS I would appreciate it.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you are coming from WebOS, I much prefer Android. I've had both and can't complain about Android... WebOS, I could go all night about how much better Android is to that. I've never used Blackberry or WinMo, but the general concensus here is that they were the $hit back in the day, but have done too little too late to update. Iphone (had an ipod touch for a year) was good, but I really like widgets and freedom from itunes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes sorry I did not mention that! I am on WebOS right now and do kinda like it just really interested in Android and EVO 4G

I came from the BB Storm 1 and 2 and Ill never look back. You have so much more freedom on the android and there is so much more you can do. and apps don't cost 5 bucks a piece.
    Droid

Live at Full Draw

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Android- the developers have apks for everything pretty much
    WebOS- uh, no

Android- Not based on a security nightmare Browser based operating system
    WebOS- is

Android- Runs multiple apps
    WebOS- does too

Android- smart memory control where runaway processes can be nuked
    WebOS- Too Many Card = Phone Restart

Android- Phone restart <1 min
    WebOS- 1:45+

Android- Updates don't break things that worked or lose your contacts
    WebOS- does, and has to me

Android- Multiple varieties that lets the consumer pretty much choose phone type and carrier
    WebOS- still stuck with the same hardware of a year and a half ago and no slate-type device (small keyboard sucked for me)

Android- Doesn't require patching for most things I want, root for things not possible on any Palm device
    WebOS- almost requires Preware to be useful

Android- Majority of phones are built well (can't really think of a crappy built phone... but I've also not tried many of them)
    WebOS- um... yeah, I went through 5 pre's...

Android- you can tether free (and easily... doing so now)
    WebOS- depends on your carrier

I'm not trying to be a d!ck. I really loved my Pre when I got it and was excited about it. My sister had an Android phone (mytouch 3g) and i liked bragging about it. But honestly, I couldn't brag about anything. her phone did everything mine did, and more. I ignored it cause it was with T-Mo though. After spending 2 months with it on my rotations, I found how useless it was for a smartphone. It didn't have pharmacology apps at the time and was really bad at doing "smart" stuff. Its a neat design, but lack of support and going through so many due to oreo effect and defective radios, I gave up. I was really pissed when I lost a lot of my contacts. 3 months later, support finally called me telling me they might be able to help, but I had just convinced Sprint I would leave them if they didn't swap out the phone for ANYTHING else. I may have even taken a dumbphone just for the hardware if thats all they offerred. I have yet to call Sprint customer service since switching to the Hero.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

rufflez thank you very much! This is the kind of information I am looking for from Android users. I am certainly considering the EVO more and more