Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default laptops

I'm in the market for a laptop and I want to stay under 500. You guys have any suggestions?

Office Depot has some really inexpensive laptops for around $500. They have pretty serious sales too. I bought mine there for $575, orginally $675, for Toshiba Satellite 17" widescreen AMD64 Dual Core 2.3ghz, 4gb ram, ATI RadeonHD4200 videocard, 300GB hard drive, DVDRW Drive, 4 USB, HDMI out, Full numeric pad. Not a monster machine, but not bad for under $600. They had similar ones with smaller hard drive and less ram for less.

Laptops have come way down in price, I'm sure you can find one there for under or close to $500

If you decide to up your price range a bit I strongly suggest getting a Macbook.
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    If you decide to up your price range a bit I strongly suggest getting a Macbook.
    I thought about it but my cad software is windows based so its really expensive to replace it for a mac
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    I thought about it but my cad software is windows based so its really expensive to replace it for a mac

ROM
    Stock

I'm probably one of the only people who went mac wishing they hadn't a year later. When I made the switch, it was awesome, but MacOS X seems to get worse and worse. I really hate this new Snow Leopard. I want to shoot that F'n spinning beachball.

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    I'm probably one of the only people who went mac wishing they hadn't a year later. When I made the switch, it was awesome, but MacOS X seems to get worse and worse. I really hate this new Snow Leopard. I want to shoot that F'n spinning beachball.
    Dual boot windows XP? I still haven't made the jump, don't think I will either.

It's almost been a year for me and I love it more and more each day. I feel safe not needing to get virus protection and not having to watch what websites I go on. The software is quick to install and remove everything is really clean looking and easy to use. What is there not to like about Macs?
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site

Hi,

Peter this side from Canada. As newly registered I would like to say hello to all the members of this forum.

Thanks
    Peter