Android, Apple & iTunes

toobaduragirl

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So I am currently a Blackberry user, Bold 9000 to be specific. I have been wanting to jump off the BB ship for quite some time, but I have been torn as to what platform to leap to. I am also Mac user, so I am very big into iTunes and buying Music, and Movies in the iTunes store. I of course would like to be able to start taking these movies I purchase in iTunes with me everywhere I go, and preferably take them with me on my phone. So my question, and probably BIGGEST deciding factor in what device I purchase next is; Are movies purchased in iTunes able to be played back on Android devices?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What about movies from iTunes?

While the DRM for the old iTunes AAC files has long been cracked, the movie/tv show DRM has not. Because of that, the only devices that media will play on are Apple's.

I myself have about 30 gigs of tv shows, and its a giant PITA to deal with. Its one of the reasons I'm going back to an iPhone.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You should try Isyncr for syncing with Itunes.

It became my 3rd paid app (after BetterCut and WeatherBug). Well worth the money. I tried DoubleTwist (ugh, slow and nothing but errors for me) and TuneSync (neat concept, but troubleshooting the connection sapped my energy). Isyncr is cheap, and it just works...flawlessly.

Try the free version (that's what I did). It is awesome. After that, it is SO easy to change playlists now. And it is fast.

my two cents.

K--