Android Browser

Ahchoo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I am looking at switching to Android and the HTC EVO. I played with an EVO in the Sprint store evening and overall I really liked Android a lot...

Until I played with the Android web browser. Does the Android browser support Column formatting? I mean I would double tap on some text and it would zoom in on the text and reformat it, but it completely destroyed the layout of the website. Images were misaligned and the page just looked like complete trash. I tried resetting the options on the browser but it did nothing. Am I doing something wrong???

I tested out the browser on both the Palm Pre and the iPhone and they support column formatting and web pages look amazing on both devices.

Is there another browser for andoid that does? Is there any talk that Google will implement this feature?

melo

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin HD does the same thing. It's something you have to get use to. I have but I still prefer the iPhone Pre method of double tapping a column and it fits the column on your screen instead of reformatting it

Ahchoo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously???

How has no one complained about this... Its such an easy feature that makes viewing web pages so much better... How has Google not included this?