Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vernotzy21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want a tricorder:who's with me?

Wouldn't it be cool if we could use are droids to do a ultrasound or a xray

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

Default Re: I want a tricorder:who's with me?

We need a tungsten flilament with at least 50,000 volts of electricty for X-ray and a phosphorus film with rare earth screen to capture imahes. Flouroscopy might be a better fit i think. Ultrasound is totally do able, we just need a super modified ultrasound head with micro-usb, and a pretty awesome app to run it. But in terms of innovation, you could be a billionaire easily if you could create an ultrasound head for use with smart phones. That kind of portability would revolutionize diagnostic imaging in third world nations and pretty much everywhere for that fact. I'm totally in for the ultrasound machine.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just filed copyright papers for a handheld Bluetooth model

Thanked by 2:
    twtippets likes this.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

No thread popularity? C'mon! :banghead:

Let's 4 work together on it.. I can give app ideas!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    No thread popularity? C'mon! :banghead:

Let's 4 work together on it.. I can give app ideas!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Its all good wait till this whole business kicks off

ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

Default Re: I want a tricorder:who's with me?

Anyone have any hardware engineering experience?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by twtippets View Post
    We need a tungsten flilament with at least 50,000 volts of electricty for X-ray and a phosphorus film with rare earth screen to capture imahes. Flouroscopy might be a better fit i think. Ultrasound is totally do able, we just need a super modified ultrasound head with micro-usb, and a pretty awesome app to run it. But in terms of innovation, you could be a billionaire easily if you could create an ultrasound head for use with smart phones. That kind of portability would revolutionize diagnostic imaging in third world nations and pretty much everywhere for that fact. I'm totally in for the ultrasound machine.
    Actually think about it tazers charge about 50,000 volts they r small

I have a acc degree in electronics
    But honestly it been years since IV built anything......cool anyway
    Ok IV had a few parts to construct the heads but they are to small so I had to toss em instead of useing a transciver I'm going to use a pizio electric speaker to generate sound waves at about 3-12 MHz. Then use a pizio electric crystal to pic up the vibes I'm considering useing a nerdkit for the Bluetooth module and the programmable micro controller idk still researching options

The problem with the heads being to small it they can't generated the proper freaquency so I'm shoot for a size between a quarter/half dollar. For the sound generator then the same for the reciver however the reciver head could be smaller but then I think ill run into sensitivity issues
    I think I got this figured out on the hardware level but as far as the output data being converted into a image I have no clue then when it gets that far it'll all need fine tuneing

AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Would be cool but almost impossible

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Would be cool but almost impossible

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    I totally disagree all we gotta do is belive in ourselves and all of our dreams will come true.......then something about Ruby slippers

.......nah its a piece of cake:thumbup:

AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    I totally disagree all we gotta do is belive in ourselves and all of our dreams will come true.......then something about Ruby slippers

.......nah its a piece of cake:thumbup:

Possibly other phones
    I know hardware a little and super hearing or xray vission is NEARLY impossible

Its a joke, calm down. o_O

Besides, I don't even know what a Tricorder is. I just skimmed through the post.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2