Some people on xda

jmaserang

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Android authority has my build listed as the first working miuiv4 for the photon

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Th3Bill

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Let me set the record straight.

Unless your name is Proxuser, I did NOT and have never used your work.

We (Spleef and I) did a port from his (Proxuser) "guide" back in Feb/March. At that time, your port had not been updated in quite some time.

At this time, I don't use ANYONE's guide, as I don't simply paste in the unmodded framework and avoid libs that bork the installation. I EDIT the frameworks so that I can use all the newest libs for the given device I port for. Just because someone has a port that has some similar apps to yours doesn't mean they copied your work or used your work. Not to mention, if I was still using your work NOW, I'd be about 7 months behind in terms of development.

I port for 3 devices, friend, and received official status due to the fact that my ports are highly functional with very minimal bugs (the ones that exist are due to lack of official Moto ICS libs)

Perhaps next time, if you have an issue with someone, you can contact that person directly instead of calling someone out in an open forum without having knowledge of the proper facts...which are that I haven't used your work, don't currently use your work, and will not use your work. I DO credit the people whose work I have used.

Just because you had a working build that you didn't keep up doesn't mean I need to credit you on my build that didn't use anything you did.

If you have a problem with my ports due to your own incorrect belief that I have "ripped you off", that is YOUR problem.

:)

Reactions: Eclipse2K

jmaserang

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Never said you specificaly used my work :) (never said you ripped me off) and whats the point of keeping it up when the next day 5 more people are working on the same thing ?

Th3Bill

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had nobody encroach on my work since I became official port dev for MIUI.us for Photon (March), Atrix(May), and Samsung Infuse (June). I've also done ports of AOKP, Paranoid Android, and CNA JB builds for Photon without having anyone else try to start a new thread on it....come to think of it, I usually end up with people asking me to port stuff to the Photon and Atrix (or take over their builds when they are too busy with their personal lives).

Also, when you say that you didn't indicate I ripped you off, re-read your OP, friend. You specifically use MY name indicating I owe you some sort of credit for work you did (that I never based anything I do off of). In case you forgot what you wrote...here it is

First off me and yepitsme19 were yhe first to port miuiv4 to the motorola photon with minimal bugs now th3 bill has gotten official support from miui and nowhere in his op are me and yep credited or thanked but someone who used my base and just added a few apps is thanked and credited do i have the right to be mad about this?

Odd that while you don't seem to be active in the Photon forums anymore, you would choose to create a thread 5 months after your last post on your MIUI thread titled "some people on XDA" and name me?! I don't understand what the point of it was. I've taken none of your work, and as such, owe you no credit.

Point blank....I don't appreciate being defamed on an open forum for an offense I didn't do.

jmaserang

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess i owe you an apology then my bad good sir you did not use my base and im sorry for invluding you in this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38