PET PEEVE: Calling them all Droids

Does it bother you?

• Total voters

cozbaldwin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Does it bug anyone else as much as it does me when people refer to any Android phone as a Droid?

Examples:
  1. A news station telling you to download their app for the iPhone, iPad, or Droid.
  2. A person seeing you use your phone and asking if that's an iPhone or Droid phone.

Goes to show the power of marketing. Good job, Verizon... :mad:

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Does it bug anyone else as much as it does me when people refer to any Android phone as a Droid?

Examples:
  1. A news station telling you to download their app for the iPhone, iPad, or Droid.
  2. A person seeing you use your phone and asking if that's an iPhone or Droid phone.

Goes to show the power of marketing. Good job, Verizon... :mad:

I always get mad about that too. Especially because I have a Droid.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cozbaldwin

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That is probably my biggest pet peeve about phones i hate how people think all android phones are droids! There not!! Lol i feel the exact same way as you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Most people I've com across aren't calling them Droids (as in the Verizon-brand licenced from Lucasfilm) but rather just lazy and not wanting to say Android. So its 'droid. Meh. Although I did have to explain it to an iFanatic at work who seemed to thing Android=Droid='droid.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon branded DROID is never the droid you should be looking for.

;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it annoys me too...I don't even bother correcting or explaining it to them. Maybe some do just say droid to shorten it up or because it just sounds cooler. Who knows

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think people their non-DROID-branded Android phones "DROID" are ignorant.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nope. im from outside the US where "droid" isnt a brand name. its just short for "android" :)

(maybe try not to be so insular) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I corrected someone on this and he told me I was wrong because "everyone" called it that on some Android forum he supposedly frequented. I call BS.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone ? When was this bus introduced lolol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If you read the post I quoted in my previous post, I was referring to the fact that some said Androids sucked, but they wanted a HTC, so I was simply saying that HTC doesn't just make Androids.

*~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~*

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you read the post I quoted in my previous post, I was referring to the fact that some said Androids sucked, but they wanted a HTC, so I was simply saying that HTC doesn't just make Androids.

*~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~*

I was mocking Windows Phone and there non-existant advertisments. I barely hear about Windows Phone anymore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante