Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 268
Like Tree38Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Spec wars are for the fanboys who need to measure to make themselves feel good about what they have.
    Exactly. Most people only care about the features of the phone and what it can do. That's why the iPhone 5 is such a disappointment (even to a lot of Apple fans) and is inferior to the S3. It's playing catch-up.

    For those that don't care about features and just want user-friendliness, get the iPhone. More power to you.
  2. #27  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Exactly. Most people only care about the features of the phone and what it can do. That's why the iPhone 5 is such a disappointment (even to a lot of Apple fans) and is inferior to the S3. It's playing catch-up.

    For those that don't care about features and just want user-friendliness, get the iPhone. More power to you.
    I think you're totally missing the point of my comment. It's usually the Android fanboys that play up the specs because that's how they assume Android is winning.

    "My phone has a 4.8 inch screen! Ha. The iPhone only went up to 4 inches!"

    "I have a quad-core processor. That new iPhone only has a dual-core."

    Etc. Etc.

    But there's more to it than specs - ecosystem, user experience, ease of use, hackability...

    It's like some on the Android side complain about the elitist attitude some iPhone owners have, yet some on the Android side use pure specs to make themselves feel like elitists over the iPhone.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Yeah i didnt realize my mistake until it was too late. Ignore that.

    I will say though there's people like that on both sides. Just like there are fanboys on both sides of every other "X vs Y"

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I think you're totally missing the point of my comment. It's usually the Android fanboys that play up the specs because that's how they assume Android is winning.

    "My phone has a 4.8 inch screen! Ha. The iPhone only went up to 4 inches!"

    "I have a quad-core processor. That new iPhone only has a dual-core."

    Etc. Etc.

    But there's more to it than specs - ecosystem, user experience, ease of use, hackability...

    It's like some on the Android side complain about the elitist attitude some iPhone owners have, yet some on the Android side use pure specs to make themselves feel like elitists over the iPhone.
    Android still wins in just about all of the mentioned categories.

    Specs - We obviously win here

    Ecosystem - Android is more open allowing for more app markets and competition between vendors thus driving the prices of apps, services, etc down while Apple is closed and Apple is the only vendor of apps forcing you to pay their price for an app, feature and they can put whatever price they want because there is no other way for you to get that app.

    User Experience - This kinda ties into ease of use but I'll keep them separate for now. They're kinda a tie, Android offers more integration between apps giving a more united feeling while Apple makes every developer have their own way of doing something. (example, you want to upload a picture to Instagram, you can't do it from the gallery instead you have to fire up instagram and use their upload service which is a completely different process than say uploading to twitter or Facebook.)

    Ease of Use - Everyone assumes iOS to be easier to use and on some levels it is however it is also more complicated in certain area. It requires more apps to do things because advance features that even the tech illiterate know how to do are missing. My mother who has an Android device didn't require any lessons on how to work the basics of android because they're self explanatory while she can't get to the dialer on my Dad's iPhone without asking for help)

    Hackability - Do I even need to discuss this one?
  5. #30  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    Android still wins in just about all of the mentioned categories.

    Specs - We obviously win here

    Ecosystem - Android is more open allowing for more app markets and competition between vendors thus driving the prices of apps, services, etc down while Apple is closed and Apple is the only vendor of apps forcing you to pay their price for an app, feature and they can put whatever price they want because there is no other way for you to get that app.

    User Experience - This kinda ties into ease of use but I'll keep them separate for now. They're kinda a tie, Android offers more integration between apps giving a more united feeling while Apple makes every developer have their own way of doing something. (example, you want to upload a picture to Instagram, you can't do it from the gallery instead you have to fire up instagram and use their upload service which is a completely different process than say uploading to twitter or Facebook.)

    Ease of Use - Everyone assumes iOS to be easier to use and on some levels it is however it is also more complicated in certain area. It requires more apps to do things because advance features that even the tech illiterate know how to do are missing. My mother who has an Android device didn't require any lessons on how to work the basics of android because they're self explanatory while she can't get to the dialer on my Dad's iPhone without asking for help)

    Hackability - Do I even need to discuss this one?
    I hope you didn't think that by listing ecosystem, user experience, ease of use, and hackability I was inferring that Apple and iOS win on every single category.

    Specs - sure Android wins for the most part, but there's still plenty of crap Android devices that can give end-users a poor experience which could turn them away from Android altogther. (Specs don't matter, ok.. specs matter to a point, but that's not really relevant.)

    Ecosystem - More app markets doesn't necessarily mane for a better experience here. Weren't there problems with Google Play trying to update apps that someone got off of the Amazon Android App Store? Leads to confusion. The integration with the OS does give Android an advantage but different implementations by the OEMs could confuse users (menu key anyone?). And if you think I'm talking solely about apps, you're missing the bigger picture. Cases. Docks. All of those hardware accessories. Easier to find for iPhones. Better selection too.

    User Experience - As someone previously mentioned, if you do thing's Apple's way, things will go relatively smoothly for you. iPhones are relatively simple to use. The learning curve for Android is greater, IMO, especially with OEMs able to build their own experiences on top of Android. And no, using an iPhone doesn't imply you're stupid, or simple minded. You don't need to be a tech geek to use a smartphone.

    Ease of Use - Ties somewhat to the user experience. One thing Apple has over Android here is consistency. If you've used an iPhone, picking up any other iOS device will feel normal to you. But look at Android. There a good chunk of Froyo devices out there. Gingerbread is still big. ICS is gaining. Then add all of the manufacturer customizations. There's a reason why my mom has an iPhone and iPad and not a RAZR and XOOM.

    Hackability - Go ahead and give that one to Android.

    But here's the thing. Different strokes for different folks. Some people just want an iPhone and really, there is no reason to hate them with the passion a lot of people here display.

    And if you say "well they hate on us all the time", that doesn't really matter. That's Samsung's "we think you copied everyone else so we're going to copy you" argument.

    Be happy with what you've got.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Frodo79 likes this.
  6. #31  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Well I think I finally understand the Android user's frustration. You have all this horsepower. You have a quad core processor, 2 gigs of ram...blah blah.

    And yet you still cannot get the same responsive, fluid experience the average iOS user gets with half the power.

    Now I see. You're not angry towards Apple. You're mad at Android. I coulda had a V8! Doh!
  7. #32  
    hezx's Avatar

    Posts
    258 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Well I think I finally understand the Android user's frustration. You have all this horsepower. You have a quad core processor, 2 gigs of ram...blah blah.

    And yet you still cannot get the same responsive, fluid experience the average iOS user gets with half the power.

    Now I see. You're not angry towards Apple. You're mad at Android. I coulda had a V8! Doh!
    Well at least android company's don't boast outdated hardware as the best thing.

    Their OS doesn't even need a dual core. All they would need is a upgraded GPU and they would have been fine. Their OS is so simple that it.doesn't need any power to run.

    Now back to the boasting old hardware. They call it a new revolutionary design....... Nope..... looks the same as your 4s only..... bigger screen.... with a stupid resolution to boot..... I'm juat going to call it the 4S2 from now on.

    Nothing is different.... same old crap from Apple. Over priced piece of silicone and plastic with old hardware.

    No thanks.... I'll take my newer hardware and a open source OS

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    GC736 and Champion1229 like this.
  8. #33  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by hezx View Post
    Well at least android company's don't boast outdated hardware as the best thing.

    Their OS doesn't even need a dual core. All they would need is a upgraded GPU and they would have been fine. Their OS is so simple that it.doesn't need any power to run.

    Now back to the boasting old hardware. They call it a new revolutionary design....... Nope..... looks the same as your 4s only..... bigger screen.... with a stupid resolution to boot..... I'm juat going to call it the 4S2 from now on.

    Nothing is different.... same old crap from Apple. Over priced piece of silicone and plastic with old hardware.

    No thanks.... I'll take my newer hardware and a open source OS

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    And you've just proven you are a total fanboy who knows nothing. Good job.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  9. #34  
    Ogabriel's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    I must say I hate IPhones! Last week I bought an Huawei Ascend G300, and it has Android 2.3 on it. it's wonderfull.
    Since the start of 2011 I had HTC Radar, a Palm Pre 2, an IPhone 4S and now the Huawei Ascend G300.
    The only phones that I liked were the Huawei and the Palm! with these 2 phones I had total control over them. I was able to overclock them, to install third party apps and pretty much do all I wanted with them! I have a lot of free time at work so I experiment. With the IPhone you can't do all of that! It's plain boring!!!! "OOOO but mine has Retina display!!!", so what can you do with it if you don't have the framework to push it to the edge, to see what it actually can do!
    Android has the widgets which I think it's the best thing since the Internet was created! I had a great surprise when I got my hands on the Android device! I truly thing that in max 2 years they will overcome all other operating systems, and won't have 68% of the world market they will have at least 95%.
    The iOs is a cute OS but doesn't offer much, you don't fell like you have control over the phone, you don't have the same experience as you do with an Android device or with a webOS device! and if Android would have the multitasking that webOS has, it would be the best OS, and not even the iOS fans would have something to say.
    Champion1229 likes this.
  10. #35  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    There is nothing wrong with Android. I enjoy the Android devices I have. I also enjoy my iPhone 4S. I believe I will also enjoy the Lumia 920, should it come to Verizon. I guess I just don't understand the baseless rhetoric. **shrugs**
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    GC736 likes this.
  11. #36  
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Super-elite full-time dad

    Posts
    274 Posts
    ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Wow. What a total turd thread. To each his own I guess.

    The op mentions iPhone users not knowing what's under the hood.

    Does he know the iPhone 5 is the first device to hit the market with a Cortex A15 CPU?

    I'm sure he also knew the iPhone 5 is the first device to come to market with an in cell display.

    I could go on and on. Take your ignorance (op) and educate yourself before spewing your fanboy rhetoric.
    Isn't every device that has the first CPU of that particular kind the first to hit the market? And it's an A6, NOT A15. If you're going to be a smartass, at LEAST be correct in it?

    I'm sure you also know that the iPhone 5 is the FIFTH damn iphone that they still cant make a TRUE HD display, when there is no other phone on the market today without an HD display. So simple...everyone throws around that word "simple" with their out of the box logic..and you can't get HD video on the display? Not to mention the other things that pail in comparison with what is CURRENT. For a supposed next-gen device, it's outdated before it even ships, and still lags behind in this tech world we live in today.
    (For people to "NOT" care so much about what's inside the phone, people sure do defend it, and even with bull things like "it has an A15 proc")

    Isn't the A6 already in the macbook of some sort too?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?-apple.png  
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Everyone thinks since it's Retina it is automatically Co and special when it's really just a word that Apple made up and it should mean, "your such an ***** because you bought a phone with hardware that is a year out of date and you still think it's the best" I love it how all the Apple people think their display can do HD movies and I even had one of my iSheep friends says his 4S does 1080p. Let's just say I had the sudden feeling to smack the iPhone out of his hand!!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Isn't every device that has the first CPU of that particular kind the first to hit the market? And it's an A6, NOT A15. If you're going to be a smartass, at LEAST be correct in it?

    I'm sure you also know that the iPhone 5 is the FIFTH damn iphone that they still cant make a TRUE HD display, when there is no other phone on the market today without an HD display. So simple...everyone throws around that word "simple" with their out of the box logic..and you can't get HD video on the display? Not to mention the other things that pail in comparison with what is CURRENT. For a supposed next-gen device, it's outdated before it even ships, and still lags behind in this tech world we live in today.
    (For people to "NOT" care so much about what's inside the phone, people sure do defend it, and even with bull things like "it has an A15 proc")

    Isn't the A6 already in the macbook of some sort too?
    That is true. That information came out after the post. The iPhone 5 however, does not lag behind any device, in any way. So it doesn't have a true HD display. Who needs it? I don't.

    The problem with Android fanboys is they label everyone stupid, simply because Apple didn't make the device to their (your) liking. Because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad or out dated device. Sorry.
  14. #39  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    Everyone thinks since it's Retina it is automatically Co and special when it's really just a word that Apple made up and it should mean, "your such an ***** because you bought a phone with hardware that is a year out of date and you still think it's the best" I love it how all the Apple people think their display can do HD movies and I even had one of my iSheep friends says his 4S does 1080p. Let's just say I had the sudden feeling to smack the iPhone out of his hand!!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I never said it was the best, and I am not an *****. Is that your best?
  15. #40  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Isn't every device that has the first CPU of that particular kind the first to hit the market? And it's an A6, NOT A15. If you're going to be a smartass, at LEAST be correct in it?

    I'm sure you also know that the iPhone 5 is the FIFTH damn iphone that they still cant make a TRUE HD display, when there is no other phone on the market today without an HD display. So simple...everyone throws around that word "simple" with their out of the box logic..and you can't get HD video on the display? Not to mention the other things that pail in comparison with what is CURRENT. For a supposed next-gen device, it's outdated before it even ships, and still lags behind in this tech world we live in today.
    (For people to "NOT" care so much about what's inside the phone, people sure do defend it, and even with bull things like "it has an A15 proc")

    Isn't the A6 already in the macbook of some sort too?
    Be careful before you go out calling someone names. At least be correct about it.

    The original thinking about Apple's A6 SoC was that it was using a Cortex-A15 core. But--

    AnandTech - The iPhone 5's A6 SoC: Not A15 or A9, a Custom Apple Core Instead

    The A6 is the first Apple SoC to use its own ARMv7 based processor design. The CPU core(s) aren't based on a vanilla A9 or A15 design from ARM IP, but instead are something of Apple's own creation.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I'm sure you also know that the iPhone 5 is the FIFTH damn iphone that they still cant make a TRUE HD display, when there is no other phone on the market today without an HD display. So simple...everyone throws around that word "simple" with their out of the box logic..and you can't get HD video on the display? Not to mention the other things that pail in comparison with what is CURRENT. For a supposed next-gen device, it's outdated before it even ships, and still lags behind in this tech world we live in today.
    (For people to "NOT" care so much about what's inside the phone, people sure do defend it, and even with bull things like "it has an A15 proc")

    Isn't the A6 already in the macbook of some sort too?
    The display is 4 inches. Let's take a look at the meaning behind the meaning of a "retina" display.

    Apparently people only factor in PPI when talking about these high resolution display. What they don't take into account is viewing distance. A cell phone is normally held about 10 to 15 inches away from your eyes. At a certain distance, the human eye cannot see the indivdual pixels. I think it's about 280 PPI. Anything higher really is just a waste.

    Why Your HDTV Is Already A Retina Display

    Same reason why there's nothing wrong with the 4 inch DROID Incredible 4G LTE with it's qHD display. Some people just don't need super large screens.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  16. #41  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Wow. What a total turd thread. To each his own I guess.

    The op mentions iPhone users not knowing what's under the hood.

    Does he know the iPhone 5 is the first device to hit the market with a Cortex A15 CPU?

    I'm sure he also knew the iPhone 5 is the first device to come to market with an in cell display.

    I could go on and on. Take your ignorance (op) and educate yourself before spewing your fanboy rhetoric.
    Actually if you go to Apple's website they mention it only has an a6

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
  17. #42  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Actually if you go to Apple's website they mention it only has an a6

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    ..AnandTech - The iPhone 5's A6 SoC: Not A15 or A9, a Custom Apple Core Instead
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  18. #43  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    I don't think android needs 2gb of ram to run smooth. It just makes it faster. Giving the user the best possible experience. Just like screen clarity. Do you really need a screen that sharp? I have a thunderbolt and the gnex. The gnex screen is way better but i still can read and see and do everything on the thunderbolt. They both Run smooth for me.

    A lot of people view android phones after they owned the lg ally or something of that nature. . Yes some of the old phones are buggy. That's why now most mid rage phones have dual core processors.

    But you can't knock apple. I think its more of android pones being in the shadows of the iPhone. You won't see the galaxy note 2 on the news or the optimus G when they are clearly a better phone.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  19. #44  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    I don't think android needs 2gb of ram to run smooth. It just makes it faster. Giving the user the best possible experience. Just like screen clarity. Do you really need a screen that sharp? I have a thunderbolt and the gnex. The gnex screen is way better but i still can read and see and do everything on the thunderbolt. They both Run smooth for me.

    A lot of people view android phones after they owned the lg ally or something of that nature. . Yes some of the old phones are buggy. That's why now most mid rage phones have dual core processors.

    But you can't knock apple. I think its more of android pones being in the shadows of the iPhone. You won't see the galaxy note 2 on the news or the optimus G when they are clearly a better phone.
    Apple has this mystique. But if you think about it, they have only been in the phone business for a very short time. What they've accomplished so far is nothing but amazing. When you look at what the mainstream reports on with regards to tech, I've seen them cover both the Microsoft Surface (Microsoft's own hardware) and the Google Nexus 7 (Google's branded hardware). They did it last year with the Galaxy Nexus too.

    I'd be willing to bet that Samsung (and Motorola, HTC, etc.) don't get the mainstream press because we all expect them to make smartphones. Apple, Microsoft, and Google are all relatively young when it comes to their time in smartphones and in the case of Microsoft and Google, their own tablets.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I am a fan of Apple's products obviously but nothing more than that. Why is it that you believe that iPhone users think that they are better than everyone else?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


    Because of the media. Because every tec Site you visit has the stupid stories or supposed polls about this phone user makes more money, this phone user is more likely to drink cheap beer and beat his wife, this phone user blah blah blah. Because to many people don't take the time to stop think for themselves and form an educated opinion.

    Sensationalism sells and media thrives on it. To many people rely on misguided one sided views by money making sites and sources whose sole purpose is to fuel interest by inciting as much unrest as possible. To many people have become Media Sheep.




    I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I only get angry at the people that make and the people that use the device. They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device but yet they don't have the slightest clue at whats behind the glass, the actual hardware that makes the device operate.
    That's exactly right. My friend has all apple products and he thinks he's better then everybody else. I thinks most apple fans think that if they have an IPhone they are automatically better than you.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  22. #47  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    That's exactly right. My friend has all apple products and he thinks he's better then everybody else. I thinks most apple fans think that if they have an IPhone they are automatically better than you.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    So it has everything to do with being an elitist, and not the name calling by the other side. Interesting theory.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    That's exactly right. My friend has all apple products and he thinks he's better then everybody else. I thinks most apple fans think that if they have an IPhone they are automatically better than you.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    What makes you feel that he thinks he's better than everybody else? Does he say that he thinks he is better than everybody else because of his phone?

    I can almost understand the android phone vs iphone rivalry despite all the irrationality that it brings. But to infer that Apple users think they are better than everyone else, that seems to say more about the insecurities of the person making such an inference. "Why Android users feel Apple users are better than them and their incessant need to measure up"...should be a thesis for a psych PhD.

    Outside of online forums, all the people I know see their smartphones, be it Apple or Android, simply as a device to make calls, send/receive texts, check emails, browse the web, take pics, play games, get directions, make mobile transactions, etc. All the things that both Apple and Android do equally well. Some prefer Android , others Apple. Just a matter of personal preference. None of them consider a phone as a status symbol or as a source of self esteem. ...but then again, I don't know many HS kids so that may be the problem.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  24. #49  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    IPhone users are like that. Like when instagram came to android. I have never seen so many people go crazy. Like saying section 8 blah blah.. you have blind users on each end. I believe android people are more aggressive on defending android because its getting better than iOS. And they get frustrated when people can't realize it. I have experienced both. I was an apple fanboy. I use to praise iOS. But you really can't compare the 2. Two different types of OS. Ones simple. Ones Complex.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  25. #50  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    "Why Android users feel Apple users are better than them and their incessant need to measure up"...should be a thesis for a psych PhD.
    lol. Agreed.

    And I don't know anyone personally that uses what phone they have as a status symbol.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What can the iPhone do; that the Droid X can't?
    By DieselBB in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 04:11 AM
  2. What can the iPhone do; that the Droid X can't?
    By dieseldroid in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:58 PM
  3. Poll and Question about iPhone v. Android
    By estebancam in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Interesting article on Yahoo about iphone vs Android
    By PREvision in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM
  5. Interesting read about iPhone 4
    By joek1971 in forum iPhone/iOS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM

Posting Permissions