Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 268
Like Tree38Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    I just went to Engadget and noticed their ENTIRE feed was filled with crap about the iPhone 5, like really?! When Motorola had their event and they announced THREE different devices you only had a few small articles about them! So my question is, Why all the hype over the iPhone 5? Was it because Apple stands up on a stage and calls it revolutionary when its really not? Or was it because they have brainwashed all their customers into believing Apple is the best and Android is a cheap ripoff? I seriously can't see how people can sit there and say they will buy a device before they even see what it looks like, what it offers and what it has! They could have sold a piece of dog crap and said they machined it to look like a phone and sold 20 million units without even trying!

    Spec wise, the iPhone is old news! I mean my Droid Razr that is almost a year old can compete with the iPhone 5 and probably still win in most sections (especially when it gets the Jelly Bean update in a few months) and if you were to compare the iPhone 5 to the 6 month old SGS 3, there would simply be no comparison because the SGS3 runs a Quad core (International) or a Dual core Qualcomm S4 (USA) both of which can smoke anything cupertino could put out (Theres a reason Apple hasn't clarified yet if the processor in the iP5 is dual or quad core and they probably will never say the clock speed). What I also don't get is how the iPhone 4S and even the 5 call their screens retina? They just made that word up and its true definition should be, "we were too lazy to make it HD so we made up a cool sounding word to make you buy it." Its not even full 720p for crying out loud!!!!! Oh and a big thing, Apple didn't put NFC in it! Thats the biggest fail of the decade considering Android has had that for over 2 years and just about every store in my area accepts some form of NFC payment! Heck, McDonalds even accepts NFC payments!

    Design wise, this thing is ugly! Who decided to put metal on the back? Apparently someone forgot to tell Apple that their Aluminum they use scratches super easy (my 2011 MacBook Pro is covered in scratches on the bottom and its never been laid anywhere it might get scratched). I mean at least the glass could take some damage but this thing isn't gonna be able to take any!

    I can't wait for Samsung and HTC to get this thing banned just for the sake of me not having to see it ever again!

    Sorry if I'm ranting but it just makes me irate that a company can call this new and revolutionary when its been done before!
    Thanked by 4:
    Downtown Taco likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I just went to Engadget and noticed their ENTIRE feed was filled with crap about the iPhone 5, like really?! When Motorola had their event and they announced THREE different devices you only had a few small articles about them! So my question is, Why all the hype over the iPhone 5? Was it because Apple stands up on a stage and calls it revolutionary when its really not? Or was it because they have brainwashed all their customers into believing Apple is the best and Android is a cheap ripoff? I seriously can't see how people can sit there and say they will buy a device before they even see what it looks like, what it offers and what it has! They could have sold a piece of dog crap and said they machined it to look like a phone and sold 20 million units without even trying!

    Spec wise, the iPhone is old news! I mean my Droid Razr that is almost a year old can compete with the iPhone 5 and probably still win in most sections (especially when it gets the Jelly Bean update in a few months) and if you were to compare the iPhone 5 to the 6 month old SGS 3, there would simply be no comparison because the SGS3 runs a Quad core (International) or a Dual core Qualcomm S4 (USA) both of which can smoke anything cupertino could put out (Theres a reason Apple hasn't clarified yet if the processor in the iP5 is dual or quad core and they probably will never say the clock speed). What I also don't get is how the iPhone 4S and even the 5 call their screens retina? They just made that word up and its true definition should be, "we were too lazy to make it HD so we made up a cool sounding word to make you buy it." Its not even full 720p for crying out loud!!!!! Oh and a big thing, Apple didn't put NFC in it! Thats the biggest fail of the decade considering Android has had that for over 2 years and just about every store in my area accepts some form of NFC payment! Heck, McDonalds even accepts NFC payments!

    Design wise, this thing is ugly! Who decided to put metal on the back? Apparently someone forgot to tell Apple that their Aluminum they use scratches super easy (my 2011 MacBook Pro is covered in scratches on the bottom and its never been laid anywhere it might get scratched). I mean at least the glass could take some damage but this thing isn't gonna be able to take any!

    I can't wait for Samsung and HTC to get this thing banned just for the sake of me not having to see it ever again!

    Sorry if I'm ranting but it just makes me irate that a company can call this new and revolutionary when its been done before!
    I guess my question would be why does it make you angry? If you have an Android device and it is better than the iPhone 5, then hooray for you. I just don't see the point of being angry about another company's product that you have no intention on purchasing.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by 4:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    I only get angry at the people that make and the people that use the device. They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device but yet they don't have the slightest clue at whats behind the glass, the actual hardware that makes the device operate.
    Thanked by 5:
    gollum18 and ZachA like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I only get angry at the people that make and the people that use the device. They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device but yet they don't have the slightest clue at whats behind the glass, the actual hardware that makes the device operate.
    I own an iPhone. As a matter of fact, I own several iPhones,a few iPads, and have Apple TV. But I can't say that I feel like I am better than anyone or have an elitist attitude. I am a fan of Apple's products obviously but nothing more than that. Why is it that you believe that iPhone users think that they are better than everyone else?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I own an iPhone. As a matter of fact, I own several iPhones,a few iPads, and have Apple TV. But I can't say that I feel like I am better than anyone or have an elitist attitude. I am a fan of Apple's products obviously but nothing more than that. Why is it that you believe that iPhone users think that they are better than everyone else?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Just about every user I know that owns an iPhone or iPad waves them around like they are so cool just because they have one. You don't see me waving my Droid Razr in people's faces even tho its the same thing as the iP5 except I have had the Razr for about a year now! Also, I was more pointing towards the iSheep that buy anything Apple just because its Apple.
    Thanked by:
    Downtown Taco likes this.
  6. #6  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I just went to Engadget and noticed their ENTIRE feed was filled with crap about the iPhone 5, like really?! When Motorola had their event and they announced THREE different devices you only had a few small articles about them! So my question is, Why all the hype over the iPhone 5? Was it because Apple stands up on a stage and calls it revolutionary when its really not? Or was it because they have brainwashed all their customers into believing Apple is the best and Android is a cheap ripoff? I seriously can't see how people can sit there and say they will buy a device before they even see what it looks like, what it offers and what it has! They could have sold a piece of dog crap and said they machined it to look like a phone and sold 20 million units without even trying!

    Spec wise, the iPhone is old news! I mean my Droid Razr that is almost a year old can compete with the iPhone 5 and probably still win in most sections (especially when it gets the Jelly Bean update in a few months) and if you were to compare the iPhone 5 to the 6 month old SGS 3, there would simply be no comparison because the SGS3 runs a Quad core (International) or a Dual core Qualcomm S4 (USA) both of which can smoke anything cupertino could put out (Theres a reason Apple hasn't clarified yet if the processor in the iP5 is dual or quad core and they probably will never say the clock speed). What I also don't get is how the iPhone 4S and even the 5 call their screens retina? They just made that word up and its true definition should be, "we were too lazy to make it HD so we made up a cool sounding word to make you buy it." Its not even full 720p for crying out loud!!!!! Oh and a big thing, Apple didn't put NFC in it! Thats the biggest fail of the decade considering Android has had that for over 2 years and just about every store in my area accepts some form of NFC payment! Heck, McDonalds even accepts NFC payments!

    Design wise, this thing is ugly! Who decided to put metal on the back? Apparently someone forgot to tell Apple that their Aluminum they use scratches super easy (my 2011 MacBook Pro is covered in scratches on the bottom and its never been laid anywhere it might get scratched). I mean at least the glass could take some damage but this thing isn't gonna be able to take any!

    I can't wait for Samsung and HTC to get this thing banned just for the sake of me not having to see it ever again!

    Sorry if I'm ranting but it just makes me irate that a company can call this new and revolutionary when its been done before!
    Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?-713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    opteron7 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Because of dumb people, thats the easiest way to put it lol
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I only get angry at the people that make and the people that use the device. They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device but yet they don't have the slightest clue at whats behind the glass, the actual hardware that makes the device operate.
    I have to agree here. Although not all Apple users are so full of themselves, a good chunk are. I'm a high school student, and it annoys me incredibly when people try to tell me that the iPhone is SOOOO much better than anything Android. I mean really? They're as clueless as they get.

    I will give the first iPad props though. It did sorta revolutionize the tablet market.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    dbarrera#AC and Pachap109 like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    I have to agree here. Although not all Apple users are so full of themselves, a good chunk are. I'm a high school student, and it annoys me incredibly when people try to tell me that the iPhone is SOOOO much better than anything Android. I mean really? They're as clueless as they get.

    I will give the first iPad props though. It did sorta revolutionize the tablet market.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm in the same boat, a high school student that is stuck in class with a herd of iSheep and iDiots! lol They went on and on today about what they heard about the iP5 and I just sat there thinking in my head as they named off the "new" features of how long ago Android got those SAME EXACT features.
    1)Google Maps-Is there even a date for this? I think the original Droid had this lol
    2)1GB of memory- Every semi-good Android phone since 2010 has had this
    3) 4G LTE- my TBolt in early 2011
    4) 4' screen- the Evo in 2010 had a 4.3 inch display which at Apple's rate we won't see a 4.3 inch iPhone for another 5 years lol

    And I swear Apple just made the word retina up to make it sound cool because looking at the exact resolution it ISNT EVEN HD! Its nHD which no other known company uses!

    Ugh..people these days!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device...
    It's been awhile since I was in HS but I can see kids in HS doing that.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    It's been awhile since I was in HS but I can see kids in HS doing that.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    The worst part is its a VERY SMALL pre-collegiate HS ( I mean theres only 50 kids in our entire school) so half of the kids are super rich and a few others think they are (they're middle class but they try to act rich) so they flaunt it around like they're rich and the kids that don't know no better think its all cool!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    There isn't anything special. Apple has a cult following sort of like Chic a Fila (sp). They opened one by me and I tried it and while its not bad, its not worth the price anyways. In Apples case, they could release anything they want and their followers will eat it up. In many ways, Android phones are superior but that doesn't mean people can't prefer an iPhone. I mean look, people still prefer Blackberry and those are way behind the curve.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Champion1229 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    The only thing revolutionary is how long it takes for them to catch up to other phones.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    There isn't anything special. Apple has a cult following sort of like Chic a Fila (sp). They opened one by me and I tried it and while its not bad, its not worth the price anyways. In Apples case, they could release anything they want and their followers will eat it up. In many ways, Android phones are superior but that doesn't mean people can't prefer an iPhone. I mean look, people still prefer Blackberry and those are way behind the curve.
    Do you mean Chick-fil-A? If so, I never knew they had a cult following! LOL Their food is decent, especially the salads, but by no means any more expensive than most other fast food places. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you said! My girl just got an iPhone 4s (a work supplied phone) that she is much happier with than the Droid 2 she had previously, although she misses the physical keyboard. Myself, I prefer the open nature of Android as well as require more choice in phone models. In the end, we're both happy and that's what matters.
  15. #15  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Do you mean Chick-fil-A? If so, I never knew they had a cult following! LOL Their food is decent, especially the salads, but by no means any more expensive than most other fast food places. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you said! My girl just got an iPhone 4s (a work supplied phone) that she is much happier with than the Droid 2 she had previously, although she misses the physical keyboard. Myself, I prefer the open nature of Android as well as require more choice in phone models. In the end, we're both happy and that's what matters.
    Ha I don't know the prices at your chickfila but my grandmas boyfriend works at one near us and its 5$ for a chicken sandwich with two pickles and special sauce. Screw that chipotle here I come.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

    Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

    Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Do you mean Chick-fil-A? If so, I never knew they had a cult following! LOL Their food is decent, especially the salads, but by no means any more expensive than most other fast food places. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you said! My girl just got an iPhone 4s (a work supplied phone) that she is much happier with than the Droid 2 she had previously, although she misses the physical keyboard. Myself, I prefer the open nature of Android as well as require more choice in phone models. In the end, we're both happy and that's what matters.
    Yes, that's it. I couldn't remember how to spell it and the value of a meal is unacceptable. I wasn't even that hungry and I needed two #1 Chicken Sandwiches and one order of fries to feel like I even ate anything. That's ridiculous when other places make me feel like I overate with a smaller meal. In Chicago, for nearly the same price, I can go to Culver's, Portillos (Yum!), Chipotle, etc. And yes, it's a cult following or so the media says it is. Sort of like the cult following that Trader Joes market has.
  17. #17  

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    I don't understand the anger here. I have owner many phones from the iPhone 3GS to 4 and 4s to the SGS3 and many many more. I never get angry at other for what they like or how they spend their time. To react to what you call high school kids acting superior. That's what high school kids do. They are just that immature kids. Just ye same as you feeling superior because you feel your pone is superior. The real sign of being secure is not ranting you a lunatic because someone else likes something or has something you don't. Just smile, nod and be on your way. As long as your confident in what you have that all that matters. It's when you come here and rant it makes you look jealous. Just my 2 cents.
  18. #18  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    462 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

    Default Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Wow. What a total turd thread. To each his own I guess.

    The op mentions iPhone users not knowing what's under the hood.

    Does he know the iPhone 5 is the first device to hit the market with a Cortex A15 CPU?

    I'm sure he also knew the iPhone 5 is the first device to come to market with an in cell display.

    I could go on and on. Take your ignorance (op) and educate yourself before spewing your fanboy rhetoric.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    ...In Apples case, they could release anything they want and their followers will eat it up...
    Like the "iPod Touch Loop" they announced? LoL
    Did that really need to be Apple-fied?
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 09-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Like the "iPod Touch Loop" they announced? LoL
    Did that really need to be Apple-fied?
    Clearly Apple thought so. :P
  21. #21  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Lol. Its not just high school people. I work at a resort. Everyone that stays here normally owns some sort of iPhone. People always ask what phone so I have because I always have it on the counter. I own the gnex. This guy really tried to tell me his 3gs was better than mine lol. People with 4s are like. Why don't I have the iPhone. I simply say. You can't do much with it. They ask what kind I do that they can't. I simply ask .. can u share web pages ,files etc by simply touching or add a widget. Lol they always say ... do you have retina display. I always ask .what's that. They say the screen. I'm like I thought the screen was glass. They say no its retina lol.

    Or "didn't android get sued for copying apple and have to pay money" I'm like Samsung got sued.. not android lol.

    So its just not high school people. I hear it from ages 13-45

    Don't get me wrong. The iPhone is a great phone. They do the simple things very well. And its so good millions of people will continue to buy.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Anyone over the age of 18 arguing with another adult about having a better phone obviously left HS in body only.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    adamtalife and vividrich like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    Anyone over the age of 18 arguing with another adult about having a better phone obviously left HS in body only.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    Not necessarily, it just means they are a true geek at heart! I wouldn't even consider that a bad thing as long as you aren't 40 years old, live at home with your mother and have no friends or life lol
    Thanked by:
    jlh73 
    jlh73 likes this.
  24. #24  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Its a good thing. Competition. That's what drive them to make better products. I like the discussions. No different than any other discussion about what's better
    Privacy is overrated :P
  25. #25  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

    Default Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Wow. What a total turd thread. To each his own I guess.

    The op mentions iPhone users not knowing what's under the hood.

    Does he know the iPhone 5 is the first device to hit the market with a Cortex A15 CPU?

    I'm sure he also knew the iPhone 5 is the first device to come to market with an in cell display.

    I could go on and on. Take your ignorance (op) and educate yourself before spewing your fanboy rhetoric.
    Spec wars are for the fanboys who need to measure to make themselves feel good about what they have.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What can the iPhone do; that the Droid X can't?
    By dieseldroid in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
  2. What can the iPhone do; that the Droid X can't?
    By dieseldroid in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
  3. Poll and Question about iPhone v. Android
    By estebancam in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 03:37 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 05:07 PM
  5. Interesting read about iPhone 4
    By joek1971 in forum iPhone/iOS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B