Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jerry Hildenbrand
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Default Becoming a tech journalist

As a child reading Nintendo Power (R.I.P) I always had thoughts of journalism. Now I have more of a interest in tech other than video games. I really want to give this a . I would love to right about android other tech maybe even back to video games . My only issue is I don't know where to start or what a lot of people want in written reviews and editorials. So my question is does anyone have any tips to get started. I have my own word press and I'm practicing writing the feed back would be great. I would be greatful for any hell and hopefully I can get someone from the site to give me a few pointers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Default Re: Becoming a tech journalist

Bump

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDavi View Post
    As a child reading Nintendo Power (R.I.P) I always had thoughts of journalism. Now I have more of an interest in tech other than video games. I really want to give this a go. I would love to write about android or other tech, maybe even go back to video games . My only issues are, I don't know where to start or what a lot of people want in written reviews and editorials. So my question is does anyone have any tips to get started? I have my own word press and I'm practicing writing, the feedback would be great. I would be greatful for any help and hopefully I can get someone from the site to give me a few pointers.

Fixed that for you, I want to be an editor. j/k
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Lol I noticed the errors later. I was typing on my nexus

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

May I suggest
    I also think you should just keep writting, and be consistent on publishing regularly.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Un boxings are lame
    I want to see the interface first boot in its intirety so I can get an eta on the time
    Rioting guides in depth explain to noobs why its good to make sure the s-off in HTC devices is perremount to flashing roms and maintaining root
    Give honest oppinions on it retail price what we would expect in everyday use the key board how saturated the UI is real battery life in a fallow up review I mean heavy use viewing angles just how power users and the noobs can both get in and rally behind you really and mr. Editor do your magic
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Don't pay attention to anything anyone tells you.

Every time you listen to one person, you alienate several others. Do what you think is best, write it how you think is best, and realize every thing you ever say online will cause at least one person to tell you how much you suck, and that every thing you like is wrong.

Also, take up smoking and drinking, you'll need both to cut down the misery
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    vernotzy21 and efyoiphone like this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

I was just putting suggestions and no you don't gotta listen to me or anyone else bro but be pasionant about it you put your heart into it we will pick up on it and respect you you become a snoby jerk we will crucify you

@Jerry no smoking but drinking let's see who gets sh%t faced first if I want to get hmered I usually hit a 32 oz 151 daquorie with triple shot of absolute and 2 long necks and if I still want the hair of the dog 2 shots of good old jd
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

There are a lot of blog sites out there you can join. Start out doing a daily or weekly post, submit articles to the online tech sites. Don't let haters get you down. Do what makes you happy.

~~HTC Evo Design~~
    ~*Purple Android*~

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDavi View Post
    As a child reading Nintendo Power (R.I.P) I always had thoughts of journalism. Now I have more of a interest in tech other than video games. I really want to give this a . I would love to right about android other tech maybe even back to video games . My only issue is I don't know where to start or what a lot of people want in written reviews and editorials. So my question is does anyone have any tips to get started. I have my own word press and I'm practicing writing the feed back would be great. I would be greatful for any hell and hopefully I can get someone from the site to give me a few pointers

Can you link your WordPress blog? I'd love to read it.
    Btw here's mine:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Thanks for all the input guys. I have actually started writing for androidspin.com . I know your not supposed to link competitive sites but just go there and search for my articles. Search Davion Witherspoon and tell me what you think. I really like doing this. Hopefully this could be a career someday .

Follow me on twitter
    Circle me on g+