• He's not cool

2 7.69%
  • Who the heck cares!

3 11.54%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Android robot logo too silly?

Full disclosure, I've been a BB user for last 4 years and have always felt the BB logo was 'cool' and professional looking. For me, company logos present an image that they want to portray to their consumers. BB's logo to me makes me think of words like professional, cool, mysterious, etc. I'm switching to Android on July 15 with the new Droid X and am very excited about all Android has to offer but yesterday I was playing with a friend's EVO and noticed how often the green robot guy appears in the phone UI, he seems to be everywhere!!

How does everyone feel about the green robot being the face of Android? I feel like it's a little cheesy, silly, kid-ish, not grown up, etc. Am I alone in feeling this way? To me, Apple and Blackberry logo feel more grown up and sexy. Maybe Google selected the robot on purpose, trying to be different on purpose but to me it's a turnoff. Anyway, I'm still very excited about making the jump. What say you?

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

It's perfectly inline with Google. They are pretty carefree judging by their work environment.
    </awesome>

I like it. It shows their carefree, almost fun loving side. I personally find it more appealing that Apple's and BB's logos. But that's just my opinion.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I <3 him.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

He's my bff!!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

I cant get enough of him! I am Android!