We need more google experience phones.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Think about this for one second and realize how stupid this actually is. Google shows off a new version of android and it looks great. But what they don't tell you is any phone you buy won't look like that at all.

Imagine with me for a second that you bought a pc with windows 7 but it looked like xp. What if it was like that with every pc you bought? Would you be pissed? But it perfectly fine for everyone to bastardize android with sense and touchwiz, and whatever stupid ui they put on.

Also updates are out of hand. Imo every one x and galaxy s3 should have jelly bean now but they don't. 3 months is more than adequate time especially from Samsung who is just about to release its third nexus device in 3 years. Also I don't think 18 months is too long to keep your phone updated but these days if you get a single update your lucky.

There is nothing that can be done with the manufacturer phones, android is open source and this is the down side of open source. There is nothing binding them to keep your phone up to date in a timely manner so they really don't care. They'd much rather you buy another phone to get your update than hold on to it for a while.

There is an answer and its buy a nexus phone. Problem with that is well many things. You aren't going to get all the features you would from another manufacturer for one thing. Your not going to get as much storage or an sd slot and for the most part the cameras have been weaker, though that looks to be improved. The second problem is they aren't easy to get. To be fair the galaxy nexus is actually the first nexus phone that's easy to get now,but it sure didn't start that way. Either go to the nations most expensive carrier and sign a 2 year deal, or buy an import with no warranty for $700.

At any rate the point is a nexus isn't always a viable solution. That why we need a few more google experience phones that have raw android and guaranteed updates. The nexus is said to be a developer phone only, ok well fine we still need some phones that aren't. Every carrier should have a Google experience phone of some sorts.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the companies all want their own identity though, theyre "android based" same as a kindle fire.
i actualy thought we'd get more nexus this year now that Nexus is popular among normal people.
maybe next year? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
having said that, i NEED sd expansion

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)