Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 2388
Like Tree819Likes
  1. #351  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    How many of them are suing schools and Apple farmers?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Well thats trademark issue ; p
  2. #352  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Well thats trademark issue ; p
    Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  3. #353  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Well they need to as it is there logo, if they would not trademark it every one could use it commertionaly and use brand value that they not own. Its not like every logo concept featuring apple will conflict with them you just need to watch out on one simple apple, it just happens that some big company decided to call themselves apple and have it as a logo.
  4. #354  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Well they need to as it is there logo, if they would not trademark it every one could use it commertionaly and use brand value that they not own. Its not like every logo concept featuring apple will conflict with them you just need to watch out on one simple apple, it just happens that some big company decided to call themselves apple and have it as a logo.
    Spare me. Apple not suing an Apple orchard would do nothing to harm their precious brand.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  5. #355  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Spare me. Apple not suing an Apple orchard would do nothing to harm their precious brand.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    They have a legal responsibility to do so. If they do not defend their trademarks, they lose the legal right to do it in the future.
  6. #356  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    They HAVE trademarked their logo, as well as their name. Apple has not gone after everyone that uses an apple as their logo, nor have they gone after everyone that uses Apple in their name.
  7. #357  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    I live for when Apple loses their stupid lawsuits.

    Sent from my S3 on ACS
    Sent from my S3
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #358  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They have a legal responsibility to do so. If they do not defend their trademarks, they lose the legal right to do it in the future.
    that is 100% BS. They do not have to defend their Trademark to that degree. That orchard has every right to use any apple in their logo. They are not misrepresenting their business.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  9. #359  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They HAVE trademarked their logo, as well as their name. Apple has not gone after everyone that uses an apple as their logo, nor have they gone after everyone that uses Apple in their name.
    Give it time.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  10. #360  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They HAVE trademarked their logo, as well as their name. Apple has not gone after everyone that uses an apple as their logo, nor have they gone after everyone that uses Apple in their name.
    Should they sue this company?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  11. #361  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Should they sue this company?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    They might ; p dont know specifics of trademark law in us.
  12. #362  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    They might ; p dont know specifics of trademark law in us.
    But Apple Auto glass also has a registered trademark. And they have been in business longer than Apple. So maybe they should be suing Apple tech instead?

    You see how stupid it is? Protection of a trademark should and usually only matters if it infringes on the company's ability to do business without confusion in the market. All of the logos being used are much different than the Apple logo and have good reasoning behind their use. Apple is just playing bully.

    No one loves a bully.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  13. #363  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    But Apple Auto glass also has a registered trademark. And they have been in business longer than Apple. So maybe they should be suing Apple tech instead?

    You see how stupid it is? Protection of a trademark should and usually only matters if it infringes on the company's ability to do business without confusion in the market. All of the logos being used are much different than the Apple logo and have good reasoning behind their use. Apple is just playing bully.

    No one loves a bully.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Ehhh whatever, enjoy your reason to hate apple ; p

    Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #364  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    This most likely has already been posted to this thread, but just a reminder:

    Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  15. #365  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Love that video

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Thanked by:
  16. #366  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Ehhh whatever, enjoy your reason to hate apple ; p

    Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    You remind me of a child covering their ears and screaming "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" cause they don't like someone pointing out the flaws in their beliefs. :P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  17. #367  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    You remind me of a child covering their ears and screaming "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" cause they don't like someone pointing out the flaws in their beliefs. :P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Beliefs? What beliefs? ; p
  18. #368  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,200 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    They're a corporation. Of course they are blood sucking "a-holes". It's just business. Apple can trademark their apple logo, just like Sprint can trademark their lemon-lime logo, just like Mobile Nations can trademark their orange slate logo.

    And each of them would have every right to defend their trademark as they see fit.
    Last edited by Ry; 01-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.
  19. #369  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Beliefs? What beliefs? ; p
    If you honestly need more explanation, you don't have much hope. ;P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  20. #370  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    If you honestly need more explanation, you don't have much hope. ;P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    I honestly dont care about trdemark issues ; p
  21. #371  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    They're a corporation. Of course they are blood sucking "a-holes". It's just business. Apple can trademark their apple logo, just like Sprint can trademark their lemon-lime logo, just like Mobile Nations can trademark their orange slate logo.

    And each of them would have every right to defend their trademark as they see fit.
    You are 100% correct. But doing something because you can doesn't always make you good.

    I can choose to walk past a person who has fallen down, but a good person stops and does the right thing. Apple can choose to sue innocent hard working small businesses if they like but a corporation with heart and integrity would choose not to.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  22. #372  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    This most likely has already been posted to this thread, but just a reminder:

    Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Not only do I love that video, I love that channel. Those guys are funny and smart and provide some great news on their show The Tek.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  23. #373  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Ehhh whatever, enjoy your reason to hate apple ; p

    Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    So are you saying that it's okay for Apple to sue the school, the grocery store and the apple orchard? Do you think big businesses should be doing this to small businesses on a regular basis? I just want clarification.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  24. #374  

    Default Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So are you saying that it's okay for Apple to sue the school, the grocery store and the apple orchard? Do you think big businesses should be doing this to small businesses on a regular basis? I just want clarification.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Depends how trademark was violited, most likely no, but that not mean i need to hate Apple.
    Ry likes this.
  25. #375  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So are you saying that it's okay for Apple to sue the school, the grocery store and the apple orchard? Do you think big businesses should be doing this to small businesses on a regular basis? I just want clarification.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    What about 'they have to' don't you understand? In order for apple to keep their trademark they are REQUIRED to defend it. They don't have a choice unless they want to lose the rights to it.
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. voice and data call while on 4g thought this was not possible on sprint cdma network
    By arcolino1 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
  2. thought this was funny
    By ab30494 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM
  3. Thought this was funny
    By tooter123 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
  4. And all this time I thought Netflix was no big deal to me...
    By FrankXS in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
  5. I thought there was a way to pull in apps and one dislike about tbolt
    By politjunkie in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

B