Thought this was funny and interesting.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

But Apple Auto glass also has a registered trademark. And they have been in business longer than Apple. So maybe they should be suing Apple tech instead?

You see how stupid it is? Protection of a trademark should and usually only matters if it infringes on the company's ability to do business without confusion in the market. All of the logos being used are much different than the Apple logo and have good reasoning behind their use. Apple is just playing bully.

No one loves a bully.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ehhh whatever, enjoy your reason to hate apple ; p

Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

You remind me of a child covering their ears and screaming "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" cause they don't like someone pointing out the flaws in their beliefs. :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

They're a corporation. Of course they are blood sucking "a-holes". It's just business. Apple can trademark their apple logo, just like Sprint can trademark their lemon-lime logo, just like Mobile Nations can trademark their orange slate logo.

And each of them would have every right to defend their trademark as they see fit.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They're a corporation. Of course they are blood sucking "a-holes". It's just business. Apple can trademark their apple logo, just like Sprint can trademark their lemon-lime logo, just like Mobile Nations can trademark their orange slate logo.

And each of them would have every right to defend their trademark as they see fit.
You are 100% correct. But doing something because you can doesn't always make you good.

I can choose to walk past a person who has fallen down, but a good person stops and does the right thing. Apple can choose to sue innocent hard working small businesses if they like but a corporation with heart and integrity would choose not to.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

So are you saying that it's okay for Apple to sue the school, the grocery store and the apple orchard? Do you think big businesses should be doing this to small businesses on a regular basis? I just want clarification.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

So are you saying that it's okay for Apple to sue the school, the grocery store and the apple orchard? Do you think big businesses should be doing this to small businesses on a regular basis? I just want clarification.

Depends how trademark was violited, most likely no, but that not mean i need to hate Apple.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

What about 'they have to' don't you understand? In order for apple to keep their trademark they are REQUIRED to defend it. They don't have a choice unless they want to lose the rights to it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh and FYI: the school apple sued didn't even have Apple in the name. They just so happened to choose to design their logo very similarly to apples, and also just so happens to be a technology school. Too many 'coincidences' to be unintentional.

Also, apple has never sued an orchard. Ever.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
What about 'they have to' don't you understand? In order for apple to keep their trademark they are REQUIRED to defend it. They don't have a choice unless they want to lose the rights to it.
Sorry but you are ignorant in this. They do not have to sue every company that uses an apple in their logo. There are thousands of companies that use this. They are not required to fight companies that do not violated their ability to maintain their brand.

FYI Apples have been used on learning institutions for many decades.

If your logic applies then this company should be suing any company using squares or the color green http://www.hrblock.ca/ see the little r with a circle? Ya registered trademark.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman