Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2382
Like Tree817Likes
  1. #76  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Last I checked, you could patent an "improvement" on an existing idea.

    Apple files a patent for something related to wireless charging. Suddenly it's ok to say things like "Apple thinks they invented wireless charging".

    Right.

    Again, we don't know the details of this patent. No need to jump to conclusions.

    But if your hate for one corporation and love for another corporation consumes you that much, by all means - post away.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  2. #77  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Last I checked, you could patent an "improvement" on an existing idea.

    Apple files a patent for something related to wireless charging. Suddenly it's ok to say things like "Apple thinks they invented wireless charging".

    Right.

    Again, we don't know the details of this patent. No need to jump to conclusions.

    But if your hate for one corporation and love for another corporation consumes you that much, by all means - post away.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    I can't argue with that Ry. But for what it's worth the patent on the wireless charging was a very small part of the long list of posts in this thread. I'd like to see someone find that many negative posts on Google.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    http://m.cnet.com/news/googles-schmi...iness/57557131

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Props to this guy for knowing how to sell an iPad:



    Hint: if you watch carefully at 4:24-4:26, you will see his left ring finger move to activate the animation.

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:
  5. #80  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I will once again say that you don't know me. I am basing my comment on every post I have ever seen you write on AC which is some type of Defense of Apple. I give Apple credit for the quality products they make. Search my posts for proof. But Apple as a company are a bunch of slanty scumbags. Steve Jobs was an a** to his employees and his philosophy and legacy continue on even after he has gone. They sue and hurt innovation and honest people. They call their competitors thieves then steal from others. If this is how all companies are supposed to run then I feel sorry for humanity. Find me a case where Google, Microsoft or IBM are sueing small businesses like a school or apple Orchard over some petty thing that means nothing. It doesnt exist. It's not about what is legally right it's about what is good. Google may not be perfect but they have proven that they will do what is good and not be evil. They recently had an opportunity to sue Apple via Motorola held patents. Yet even after a judge said that they had a case they opted to drop they case to little fan fare. Apple drops nothing. They sue sue sue. They are greedy to a fault. It's not about the quality of their products for me, it's about the integrity to make a purposeful impact on society regardless of financial gain. Any company that is as big as Apple that would waste so much energy hurting innocent people in the name of corporate gain don't deserve the success they have had.

    And you sir support them with blind abandon for what reason?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for proving you're just an angry fanboy upset that a company is defending its IP. I've been around here far longer than you, and it's clear you haven't paid any attention to my posting history, despite your claims to the contrary.

    I do not support or hate any company. I respond when I see people thinking with their rear ends instead of the brain they were born with, and that includes defending apple, google, or any other company that comes under attack by the likes of you for no rational reason. Nothing deserves the constant stream of hatred that you and others here like to throw at apple, Microsoft and others. All the behaviors you identify above have been exhibited by all of the companies I've mentioned, google included. None are angels, and none are as evil as you seem to want them to be.

    So here's a tip: even though this is an android site, it isn't an echo chamber. You post fanboy bs, you'll get called on it, just like anyone else here. Do step outside your bubble and join the rest of us, won't you?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  6. #81  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I will once again say that you don't know me. I am basing my comment on every post I have ever seen you write on AC which is some type of Defense of Apple. I give Apple credit for the quality products they make. Search my posts for proof. But Apple as a company are a bunch of slanty scumbags. Steve Jobs was an a** to his employees and his philosophy and legacy continue on even after he has gone. They sue and hurt innovation and honest people. They call their competitors thieves then steal from others. If this is how all companies are supposed to run then I feel sorry for humanity. Find me a case where Google, Microsoft or IBM are sueing small businesses like a school or apple Orchard over some petty thing that means nothing. It doesnt exist. It's not about what is legally right it's about what is good. Google may not be perfect but they have proven that they will do what is good and not be evil. They recently had an opportunity to sue Apple via Motorola held patents. Yet even after a judge said that they had a case they opted to drop they case to little fan fare. Apple drops nothing. They sue sue sue. They are greedy to a fault. It's not about the quality of their products for me, it's about the integrity to make a purposeful impact on society regardless of financial gain. Any company that is as big as Apple that would waste so much energy hurting innocent people in the name of corporate gain don't deserve the success they have had.

    And you sir support them with blind abandon for what reason?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Oh, and just for good measure: the only reason google dropped the case against apple was the impending antitrust investigations into Motorola's patent licensing behavior that could significantly impact their patent portfolio. No company drops a suit out of the goodness of their heart, google included.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Ok enough. I would rather keep this thread open than have it closed because of two people arguing over small items.

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #83  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Thanks for proving you're just an angry fanboy upset that a company is defending its IP. I've been around here far longer than you, and it's clear you haven't paid any attention to my posting history, despite your claims to the contrary.

    I do not support or hate any company. I respond when I see people thinking with their rear ends instead of the brain they were born with, and that includes defending apple, google, or any other company that comes under attack by the likes of you for no rational reason. Nothing deserves the constant stream of hatred that you and others here like to throw at apple, Microsoft and others. All the behaviors you identify above have been exhibited by all of the companies I've mentioned, google included. None are angels, and none are as evil as you seem to want them to be.

    So here's a tip: even though this is an android site, it isn't an echo chamber. You post fanboy bs, you'll get called on it, just like anyone else here. Do step outside your bubble and join the rest of us, won't you?
    Sorry Slender Troll ;-)

    If I am such a fanboy, why would I create this thread?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/tab...-8-tablet.html

    I have read so many of your posts and 80% are all in defense of Apple for various things. Maybe that is just a fluke. You obviously love technology as I do. All of my posts are not to bash Apple and I certainly don't want this to be a personal attack on you. So peace offering. I will try to be as civil as I can ;-)

    In all fairness to this thread, these are all newsworthy posts that you can choose to agree with or disagree with. If you feel that Google is also guilty of these kind of behaviors then please show it to me as I would just as easily thrash them if they are acting in kind. Don't just say that Google is as guilty and have nothing to back it up. I own a graphic design company and own many Mac computers. I can judge Apple any way I like from an unbiased perspective. That doesn;t automatically make me a fanboy. I said their products are not the problem. It is how they run their company that I dislike. And the massive amounts of posts prove that they are scum. I am entitled to that opinion based on the evidence found in mass quantities online.

    And I am not saying that Apple shouldn't defend their IP, but a small apple orchard or a school are not anything to defend against. I'm just saying that it would be nice for them to choose the real threats rather than burying innocent companies in money and legal paperwork. It's stupid and doesn't benefit their IP in any way. The company that was using an "Apple" for their "Apple orchard" created it when Apple was almost bankrupt. It was a cheap piece of clip art for crying out loud. What should they use for their logo? A tomato? The fact that the logo depicts what they do is of no threat to Apple in any way. If you think this is how companies should act then I am sorry for you. I think Apple can continue to do great things without stomping on the little people.
    Last edited by badbrad17; 12-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #84  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Oh, and just for good measure: the only reason google dropped the case against apple was the impending antitrust investigations into Motorola's patent licensing behavior that could significantly impact their patent portfolio. No company drops a suit out of the goodness of their heart, google included.
    Do you have any proof to back this up?
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  10. #85  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Do you have any proof to back this up?
    Still waiting. :banghead:

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  11. #86  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/07/j...-global-peace/

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Your link is broken.

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
  13. #88  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Weird works for me.

    http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/07/j...-global-peace/

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Wierd indeed. I just read the article though. I have to agree with the Korean guy saying that Apple would rather ""compete through the courts rather than the marketplace," and [is] using the courts to conduct a smear campaign."

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Now this is total bullcrap:

    Android Central (@androidcentral) tweeted at 7:40 AM on Fri, Dec 07, 2012:
    Ice Cream Sandwich finally hits LG Optimus 2X http://t.co/CxVL0ACR #android
    (https://twitter.com/androidcentral/s...44928092188673)

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Finally! Some progress is being made.

    http://m.androidcentral.com/apple-s-...medium=twitter

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:
  17. #92  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Finally! Some progress is being made.

    http://m.androidcentral.com/apple-s-...medium=twitter

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Clarification: there is no such thing as a tentative invalidation. The USPTO issued a tentative rejection of the claims, which may or may not lead to invalidation. As Engadget noted in their coverage, it's the first step towards invalidation, but apple will get to respond and could narrow the scope of the patent in order to stop it from being invalidated. It's very similar to what happened with the bounce back patent:

    http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/2...tent-rejection
    Thanked by 2:
  18. #93  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Clarification: there is no such thing as a tentative invalidation. The USPTO issued a tentative rejection of the claims, which may or may not lead to invalidation. As Engadget noted in their coverage, it's the first step towards invalidation, but apple will get to respond and could narrow the scope of the patent in order to stop it from being invalidated. It's very similar to what happened with the bounce back patent:

    http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/2...tent-rejection
    I agree but what would you like to see happen with this patent?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  19. #94  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I agree but what would you like to see happen with this patent?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Significant narrowing of scope.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
  20. #95  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Significant narrowing of scope.
    I'm not sure what that means.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  21. #96  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    324 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I'm not sure what that means.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    I would guess that he means Apple would have to be more specific about what actions that patent covers. Instead of being too general. I could be wrong as I'm a sports nerd first.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thanked by:
  22. #97  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Making the patent so narrow that only the exact implementation apple uses would be patented.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Spreaking of "Apple implementations", Apple got there multitouch solutions from acquired company called Fingerworks in 2005 which operated since 1999:

    FingerWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Multi-touch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Various companies expanded upon these inventions in the beginning of the twenty-first century. The company Fingerworks developed various multi-touch technologies between 1999 and 2005, including Touchstream keyboards and the iGesture Pad. Several studies of this technology were published in the early 2000s by Alan Hedge, professor of human factors and ergonomics at Cornell University.[10][11][12] Apple acquired Fingerworks and its multi-touch technology in 2005. Mainstream exposure to multi-touch technology occurred in 2007 when the iPhone gained popularity, with Apple stating they 'invented multi touch' as part of the iPhone announcement,[13] however both the function and the term predate the announcement or patent requests, except for such area of application as capacitive mobile screens, which did not exist before Fingerworks/Apple's technology (Fingerworks filed patents in 2001-2005[14], subsequent multitouch refinements were patented by Apple[15]).
    So Apple actually might have fair right for those implementations
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/afonteve...ials-to-shine/

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.
  25. #100  

    Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/afonteve...ials-to-shine/

    Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    We'll see. Analysts are frequently wrong when it comes to apple. (And google for that matter)
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. voice and data call while on 4g thought this was not possible on sprint cdma network
    By arcolino in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
  2. thought this was funny
    By ab304945 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM
  3. Thought this was funny
    By tooter123 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
  4. And all this time I thought Netflix was no big deal to me...
    By FrankXS in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
  5. I thought there was a way to pull in apps and one dislike about tbolt
    By politjunkie in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions