Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

The thing that makes me smile is that Apple is constantly trying to bully companies. They try to legally strong arm them into getting their way. It irritates me to no end when I read yet another situation where Apple thinks it is an do whatever it wants. I hope that iFone sticks it to them. You can only imagine the senseless hours that have been wasted by iFone defending what they rightfully own.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well if you watched that video they definitely got Unibody :p

Also this would be interesting with Software, since Apple did there more but i understand this is hard to confirm and they most likely would been flooded as there way more aspects in software

I hate to pop your bubble but most software is innovative. There are so many variations in software. But that being said apple proved with osx 9 that they were not that good at it. Unix changed the game for them. This was the building block they needed and it didn't come from them.

And the Unibody thing... Great invention... Too bad it was useless.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate to pop your bubble but most software is innovative. There are so many variations in software. But that being said apple proved with osx 9 that they were not that good at it. Unix changed the game for them. This was the building block they needed and it didn't come from them.

And the Unibody thing... Great invention... Too bad it was useless.

That only proves that they sucks in kernel development, but they did lot of interesting UI stuff

And i dont see how unibody is "was useless" as they still using it

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That only proves that they sucks in kernel development, but they did lot of interesting UI stuff

And i dont see how unibody is "was useless" as they still using it

UI is not invention as much as art. Everyone does this. Microsoft just did this with Windows 8.

The unibody concept was not used as it proved far too expensive to machine the cases with C&C machines. They couldn't do it. Everyone uses cast aluminum. Sony did it before them.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
UI is not invention as much as art. Everyone does this. Microsoft just did this with Windows 8.

The unibody concept was not used as it proved far too expensive to machine the cases with C&C machines. They couldn't do it. Everyone uses cast aluminum. Sony did it before them.

Then why people care so much that Apple copied notification bar if it's "not invention as much as art"? i tell you why... because it's not just art :p it's a solution to the problem, you using it, not just look at it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Then why people care so much that Apple copied notification bar if it's "not invention as much as art"? i tell you why... because it's not just art :p it's a solution to the problem, you using it, not just look at it.

I don't care that they copied it. In fact I wish everyone would take ideas from everyone and stop trying to act like they invited the universe. A pull down notification screen is cool. Did Google go ape sh*t on Apple over it? No. Why? Because they are proving they have some class in this mobile world. Apple is the one that keeps pointing fingers and acting like a immature child on the playground. Motorola just dropped a number of law suits that had already been deemed as valid against apple. They will win the war with innovation and value. Not by over marketing their limited over priced products.